Chapter 21

Super important author note at the end!

Chapter Status: Not Edited

Iceland's POV

My eyes open drowsily. I had the strangest dream. I dreamt that Oslo was being attacked. I couldn't save her, though. I was strapped to a chair, and I couldn't save her. Some person was torturing her. I couldn't make out any of their facial features, however. They were taunting her, telling her about how they murdered her brother. I couldn't bare seeing Oslo that way. I was screaming for the figure to stop, but they still persisted in the emotional torture.

Whatever, it was just a dream. The slight rocking motion relaxes me, and I almost fall back asleep. Wait... Rocking motion? Where am I?

That answers my question. I'm in a car. Not just any car, but a cab. Another detail, I'm sitting on the floor, leaning against the door. Finland sits opposite of me, quietly conversing with Sweden. Denmark and Norway sit on the other two seats, Denmark asleep on Norway's shoulder. His eye is twitching.

"Norway, where are we going?" I ask, still bewildered.

He looks down at me, annoyance obvious in his glare. He sighs, and pushes Denmark off his shoulder, just in time so as not to be drooled on.

"We're in New York. We're going to stay with..." He grimaces.

I wait for a moment before prompting him.

"Who?"

"America," he groans, sending Denmark a death glare.

I mull this over, and suddenly, things start to come back to me. We were in a hotel last night, discussing what we were going to do. We decided to go to Americas place, so that way we could obtain more information while maintaining our safety.

A startling thought occurs to me.

"WHAT ABOUT OSLO!? AND GREENLAND AND MRS. LONDON, AND HOW COULD WE FORGET POLAND YOU MINDLESS BAS-" I almost choke him, but he cuts me off.

"They're already there."

"Oh."

"But I thought you suddenly got bored with Oslo. You decided you weren't going to date my capital anymore. What's with that?" He sends an aggravated glare my way.

"No. It's not that I don't like her, she's great. It's just... I can't be with somebody who doesn't even like herself," I explain.

He nods, still annoyed.

I adjust my position to see outside. Tall buildings loom over us, baring signs advertising Apple and McDonalds. I can't help but find the latter disgusting. (A/N that's right, I said it.) The cab driver continuously speeds through the crowded streets, avoiding all of the other cars.

I look out my window to see all of the pedestrians on the sidewalk. A few stand around a man playing his guitar and singing. He wears a light blue tank top and raybans. His long brown hair continuously falls out of its side swept position across his forehead. A girl with vibrant green and pink hair, shaved off on one side of her head, walks up to him and engages in conversation. (A/N That's going to be another fanfic, pierce the veil fans! ;) )

I almost lose myself in people watching, but then Denmark squeals with excitement.

"OMYGAWD I can't wait to see America!!! I haven't seen 'im in a week!!"

Wow, was that only a week ago? It feels like ages. A week, a lot can change in a week. I just need to see all of the others again, that will put my anxiety at ease.

* * *

When we finally arrive at Americas house, I'm appalled by the size. I thought we were in New York! Not... Some place that has room for a mansion. Anyway, Denmark giddily jams at the doorbell with his index finger, excitement bubbling over. After a minute, America himself greets us at the doorstep.