Chapter 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I already have the first four chapters finished soooo... They'll be up soon.

-Miss Catastrophe

Chapter Status: Edited

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lay awake in bed, unsure of how to deal with this. I just moved into this new apartment with my mother a few days ago, and I'm already being woken up by a guitarist next door. Do I get up and tell them to shut up, or do I sit and listen?

Carefully, I stumble across my bedroom floor and after some struggle, out the front door of our apartment. The door of their apartment is unlocked so I let myself in. Who cares what this person thinks? They're the one keeping me awake.

The early summer heat presses down on me as I search for the mystery guitarist. I suddenly tip toe by a door and hear the simple melody more loudly and intensely than before. I knock on the door, and a boy answers.

He looks about my age, sixteen, and is wearing a white t-shirt and baggy sweatpants. He stares at me in shock, while I glare furiously at him. He has silvery white hair, and violet eyes. He would be attractive, if he weren't keeping me up at two in the morning..

"Who are you?! Why are you here?!" He whispers, panic in his dark eyes.

"Why. Are. You. Keeping. Me. Up?" I ask angrily. He looks confused, so I explain everything.

"Oh... So you're the neighbor. Sorry 'bout that..." He trails off. Silence. The awkward kind. "So... You got a name?" He asks awkwardly.

"Of course, dummass. Oslo. Yours is?" I prompt him.

"Iceland," he yawns. "But, you should probably go, because I live with my four older brothers, and they might get the wrong idea," he whispers.

"Did I hear you say, 'big brother?'" Someone says hopefully. Dammit. I hear a gasp, followed by, "Norway, Finland, Sweden! Icey has a girl over!" He calls excitedly.

"What?" A tired voice slurs. This is followed by a chorus of "what's."

After five minutes of this, probably the most serious one out of the four calls everyone, including myself to their little table. He stares, expressionless, at me.

"Norway," he finally says, "that's my name."

"Oslo," I reply.

They all stare at me, except Iceland, he hid away in his room. Nobody says a word. Instead, all of their blue eyes bore into me, as if waiting for something.

"It's not what you think," I grumble.

"Then what is it?" Norway asks, the most unnoticeable smile on his face. I sigh. May I punch this guy in the face right now?

"Iceland was playing guitar in his room, and I live next door, so it was keeping me up. I came over, and noticed the door was unlocked so I let myself in. Then I found his room and told him to shut up, then he said older brother and he popped out," I sigh as I gesture to a guy with a lions mane for hair.

"Damn. I thought Icey had gotten laid," he chuckles. Ew, pervert. At this point I find myself willing for my shorts to be longer.

"Denmark!" The cutest of the four gasps in a high pitched voice.

"What?" Denmark asks defensively.

"Stop," the tallest, scariest looking one grunts. He then pulls the littler one closer and mumbles something like my wife.

"Please excuse them," Norway begins, again emotionless. "Iceland is our youngest brother, and so if he did get," he raises his hands into quotation marks, "laid, we would all be a little shocked. That is all."

I look at him, in complete disgust. All this trouble for a good nights sleep. And only one of these guys properly introduced himself.

"Hold. The. Phone. Can you please tell me who you are? Like, maybe names to start with?" I sass, rudely. They all turn in surprise, as if the idea of introducing themselves only occurred to Norway, who now sits, staring.

"Jeg beklager,(1)" Norway apologizes quietly.

"Du bedre være. Alt dette problemer for litt søvn,(2)" I retort. Norway sighs and turns to the others.

"You heard the young lady, introduce yourselves," Norway commands.

Denmark turns and smiles. "I'm Denmark, the king of Scandinavia!"

"King? Hardly," I retort. He whimpers.

The littlest one speaks up. "I'm Finland! This is Sweden! If you ever need anything, just ask!" He smiles.

"Adorable," I mutter, sitting back in the chair.

"M' w'fe," Sweden mumbles.

I feel bad for Iceland now. They're going to be giving him hell now, because of me. Especially Denmark, he seems really... Different. But I might be wrong. Standing up from my chair, I begin making my way to the door.

"Thanks for the introduction," I call sarcastically, "just let me sleep, and we can be friends."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) I'm sorry. - Norwegian

(2) You better be. All this trouble for some sleep. - Norwegian