Chapter 14

Chapter Status: Not Edited

Iceland's POV

The second I open the door, Norway is practically attacking me about today.

"What did you do? She was happy today, right? Please tell me you didn't dump the poor girl." He throws the questions at me.

"Seriously, why do you care so much? I mean honestly, you have basically no relation to her, yet you act so obsessed just because she's the personification of your capital. Jeez," I brush him off.

He sighs,exasperated by me.

"At least tell me how it went then," he pleads.

I notice genuine interest and plea in his voice. I sigh, and tell him about today, the day that could very well be the best day of my summer. Just seeing her so happy, it made me the happiest man alive, even if only for the day. I personally love that feeling.

* * *

"I'm glad to hear all of that," he states after I finish.

"Why do you care so much?" I ask.

"B-because you're my brother," he falters, what sounds like actual hurt in his voice.

"No, that's not why, tell me your actual reason. What do you aim to gain by doing this?" I interrogate him. "I can actually be happy, and you just come in and make me describe every little thing that ever happens, what is your problem? There are some things people like keeping to themselves." I get up and leave the room. I can't believe that guy.

"Iceland- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" I cut him off with a slam of my door.

Norway's POV

"Iceland," I say, just after he slams the door in my face.

I make my way to my room. I can't believe Iceland won't open up to me. Why can't he see that I'm doing this because I care about him as my brother? I feel a slight tear begin to well up in my tear duct.

What the hell am I doing?! I don't cry, never. I hear a knock at my door, and snap out of it. I go up and open it for whoever is standing there.

"Hey, bro. Are you alright? I saw you storm off over here and I got a little worried," Denmark states.

"I'm fine, but don't call me," I raise my hands into quotations, "bro, ever again. Do you hear me?"

"Yes ma'm! I mean sir!" He salutes. I shut the door on him irritably.

Britain's POV

I just got home from staying with London and Oslo. I pull into my driveway in front of my old Victorian house. My cell phone begins ringing loudly in my pocket. I sigh before tugging it out and accepting the unknown numbers call.

It seems so quiet here...

"Hello, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland speaking," I begin cordially.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Britain. I am calling on to inform you of the death of your youngest brother, Principality of Sealand. The cause of death being murder."

I jump in terrified surprise. Sealand? Murdered? There must have been a mistake, right? He honestly couldn't have been murdered! That's impossible!

"Excuse me? You must be mistaken," I try to tell him.

"I am so terribly sorry sir." He hangs up the phone.

What the bloody hell just happened? I rush into the house, only to be pushed back out the door by large men wearing hazmat suits. What is going on?!

"You had better tell me what the bloody hell is going on, you twats! Let me into my own house!" I yell hysterically at them.

"Sir! There is chlorine gas in the air! If you go in now, you'll be melted from the inside out!" One yells as he pushes me back.

* * *

They now have me sitting on a park bench, about four blocks from my house. My head sits in my hands, as tears steadily rush down my face, as if my eyes are waterfalls.

Sealand was in that house while someone was pumping chlorine has inside! I will never forgive myself for everything I said to him. Now- now he's gone... What kind of a brother was I to him that whole time?! What is wrong with me!?

I try recollect my composure as a young girl walks up to me. She has a slight frame and long blonde hair, similar in color to Russia's.

"Hello, Miss Belarus," I smile at her.

"I'm so sorry about your house, Mr. Britain," she sympathizes.

"It's not the house I'm down about."

"What is it then?" She asks.

"Sealand, he was murdered," I inform her.

She briefly tells me how sorry she is for my loss, and moves on. I see a small glint of something metallic tucked under the ribbon of her dress, but dismiss it.

That was odd though, Belarus doing something other than try to rape Russia or something.

At this point, I need to call London so I can stay with her again. That's fine, though. I love seeing her and Oslo. Besides, then I can tease Oslo about her new friend.

* * *

"Of course! Stay as long as you need!" London welcomes me over the phone.

"Thank goodness, I love you, and I'll see you soon," I assure her.

The line goes dead, signaling that she hung up. I make my way to the car, whistling a short tune. After a forty minute ride, I'm finally sitting in front of the apartment building again. I couldn't even get anything out, so I had to stop and buy clothes and a toothbrush etc... The point is, I'm a homeless man now. Well, except that I will be able to buy a new home soon.

* * *

"Welcome back, Britain," Oslo smiles at me as she welcomes me inside.

"It's great to be back. Did your mother tell you what happened to my home?" I ask, eager to share the crazy story.

"No actually, care to enlighten me?"

Anonymous POV

Okay. So I may have also used chlorine glass to contaminate his home. Oops!