Chapter Twenty-Nine "You're a monster."

Paris's Pov-

The plan set out quickly the next day, she had quickly agreed, easily and we set the promise to a real act of trust. We had both cut. Our palms and set them together as our blood connected as one, signaling the deal had been sealed.

I was confused, I thought that if Legend wanted me, he would've went looking for me. But who wouldn't want their first mate back? I would. And I want him back.

So Rena and I set off to the human world. We were walking through the busy streets of a city called Dayton, the beautiful lights of the city shines brightly in the night as we walked past the many stores that were opened till early morning.

"I smell him, he works at that business, right there." Rena points to a large skyscraper and I nod as we enter.

Rena and I have become mutual friends, I guess you could call it that. We're not close but we have an understanding, I doubt she hates me still, or else she wouldn't have even let me out of the pack, let alone let me help her or open up to me.

We land on the floor 98, a light shining bright through a glass caged office, a man who smells like coffee and vanilla sits in a chair. His hands covering his face as he rubs it, tiredness lacing throughout the room.

Rena holds my arm tightly, and I know now that this is her mate.

"What is his name?" I ask her and she looks at me, her eyes excited.

"Liam Rivers," she whispers with a smile.

Liam stands up, his blond hair is ruffled slightly, his dark brown eyes are looking out the window as we stand in the shadows, him not seeing us. He's a got a nice jawline, freckles all over his cheeks. He has thick eyebrows, and his hair falls in his eyes. He's very tall, and looks strong for a human.

He's very quiet as he stands alone, until Rena steps out of the shadows.

"Hello Liam." His head snaps towards her voice and he scoffs at the sight of her. She stands in casual clothes. Blue ripped skinny jeans, (ripped at the knees only) white converse, and a maroon v-neck. She has on a moon necklace, and her hair is down in beautiful curls. She's a very beautiful girl, I don't understand why he wouldn't want her.

Even if she is a werewolf.

"What are you doing here Rena? I thought I told you to stay away." He growls out, slamming his fist on his desk. She jumps, her eyes shutting before slowly calming herself.

Her wolf is frightened, scared that he hates her even more and I feel awful for her.

"I just wanted to see you.. I'm sorry. You can't get mad, I've stayed away. I've tried, I just can't stop." She whispers, looking down, her eyelashes kiss her cheeks.

She's so beautiful and I can tell that he knows that by how he looks at her, his eyes softening when she doesn't look at him.

Maybe he's had a rough past and he's scared to love her. Maybe he's scared that if he goes with her, he'll never see his family again or maybe just maybe, he's scared to love.

"Mate bond is uh, really strong then?" He asks, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

She looks up, moving towards his office chair that he stands away from by a few feet.

She sits in it and nods a little. "It's weakened a lot since you've told me how much you've hated me. But since I've seen how you interact with your family, it's rekindled in a way. You can't blame fate, I wish I could." She says quietly, sighing.

"Rena you know I can't be with you. You're a monster-"

"I'm a werewolf. Not a monster. I don't go and eat people and ruin them, I don't kill people. Monsters do that. I'm a wolf, I run and hunt little animals like hunters do in your world. I'm not evil." She snaps and I mentally applaud her, waiting for my time to step in.

"I just, I need to see that. All I can see is a beautiful girl hidden on the outside, a person who loses anger on the inside." He says and she looks down.

"If you gave me one chance, I'd show I'm a good person. I'll let you see your family whenever, I'll take care of you. Just don't hate me. Give me a chance." She whispers.

He looks at her, slowly and looks almost like he'll approve. "What about my business?"

"You can go to work here everyday, I won't stop you. Just please." She whispers.

"Just give her a chance. She's begging you." I say, pointing towards her with a 'duh' look.

"Alright. One chance that's all."

And that's when I realized, she didn't need my help.

And if she got him, I didn't need her help, I could find Xavier all by myself.