Chapter Fourteen "She's awake!"

3-22-17
1,077 Words
Paris's Pov-

Pause, tap. Pause, tap. Thump.

Thump

Thump

Thump

Pause,

Sigh.

Thump

Pause

Growl

Sigh

Thump

"Alpha?" I keep my black colored eyes on my desk, my head down, my fingers in mid-air.

"Alpha Paris? There was a- Alpha are you listening to me? Alpha? Alpha Paris-" I growl, standing up and throwing my chair at the wall, my pitch black eyes becoming even darker, if possible as the moments pass.

I look at the innocent girl in front of me, around the age of thirty, maybe a little older. Yes, she's young.. and she's a messenger.

"My name isn't Alpha Paris." I growl out, my hand slamming on my office desk and she jumps, looking at me terrified. "It's Paris Evans." My body tenses at my real name being corrupted from my mouth in a strict tone, not being used to be called that, even from myself.

"I uh- well... I am not allowed to call you that m'am." She whisper, looking very scared at the state I am in at this moment.

"How old are you?" I whisper in a raspy voice, sighing as my back hits the wall and my body slides to the floor, tears burning in my black eyes.

"Thirty-two m'am." She says softly, reaching my desk at a slow pace in case I lash out again, but I start to calm my wolf, although my eyes don't change from there black color. It's just natural, and it'll stay that way until they decide to turn blue again, if they want to.

"I'm twenty-five.." I rub an exhausted hand over my face and look up at her sympathetic face. I do not want sympathy, I want understanding people to encourage me to keep going. "What did you do when you were a teenager?" I ask her, and I can see her think back as a small smile forms on her lips and she sets the papers she was holding, down onto my desk.

"When I was a teenager.." She giggles, thinking back to what must have been a special memory, or at least a good one. "I used to spend the nights at my friends house, we'd watch scary movies and have horrible nightmares but that didn't stop us from still doing it. Oh and this one time-" she laughs really hard, a blush on her cheeks. "I was so drunk I didn't know how to turn into my wolf so I fell into a hole and was stuck there for a day until my drunk friends found me.. or my crush and now he's my mate." She smiles, looking at me and that's when her expression changes. "You never had a real childhood or teenage life... did you?"

I shake my head, my face emotionless. No, I didn't but that doesn't matter anymore. I'm an Alpha, and all I will ever do is protect others so they can have fun, and expect nothing in return.

I want to be a warrior again.

My eyes widen at the sudden thought and I stand up, looking at the girl who's slightly surprised at my sudden mood change. "War," I whisper, grabbing the marker from the board behind me and writing on the walk that's a large white board with equations.

How could I be so stupid to not know this?

I mutter equations and my thoughts, I write down words in another language in case anyone who would dare come in here, couldn't figure out what I've wrote. They can't know who he really is.. I didn't even know and I'm his mate.

No wonder he's so muscular..

No wonder he was so familiar.

No damn wonder, he isn't as whiney as a real Omega should be. He's a damn good actor.

I turn around and motion her to leave. Not in a rude, 'I don't want you here type of way,' but a 'I need to think' way and I begin to write possible ways of how he's not.

But it's impossible for him not to be what I think.. what I know he is.

Alpha Kane.. King Kane.. how could he lie to me about who his 'Omega' really is.. how? He's my mate.. how could he lie to me?

It all makes sense, but it all doesn't at the same time.

I'm lost in confusion and I soon find myself losing consciousness due to my lack of sleep, and my over stressed body.

-

He lied..

He hurt me..

He cheated..

I found my real mate..

He's an Omega..

He loves me..

He lies to me..

He isn't real..

He isn't who he says he is..

He's a liar..

He's a-

"She's awake!" I hear the over excited of a young child beside my body, and I feel the warmth of it too. I don't know if it's a girl or boy yet, but I know it's very young by the sound of the voice, and the chubby cheek pressed to my hand.

"Shhh, be quiet. She might not be able to come out of it yet," I hear the soothing voice of Lance and I smile mentally at the sound of my beautiful son.

"Legend! She's awake." I hear my fathers voice and I tense up at Legend's name. The liar.. the filthy liar.

"Is she okay?" I hear his deep, strong voice and my wolf starts clawing at me to turn, to become herself so she can leave from the pain, but I stand my ground. Until I feel the need that I can no longer take the pain, then I will turn and take a break, where to? I have no clue.

"She's fine.." Lance says, and I can tell he's tired and a little agitated from Legend.

I open my eyes, my immediate glare turning towards Legend and I start to sit up but look down when I am stopped, not by hands, but by metal cuffs over my stomach, ankles, and wrists. I look at my family, scared. Do they think I'm crazy?

"Paris.. babe calm down." Legend says soothingly but my head snaps to him, and I growl, my wolf almost coming through.

"Shut up you fucking liar. Shut up!" I yell, looking at him with anger.

"I'm not a liar babe." He says, but I can see the lie in his eyes.

"You're not? Then tell me how you became an Omega when you're actually a warrior."