Chapter Nineteen "She left."

5-20-17
Paris's Pov-

"So we attack from the right side of the pack?" I ask Lance and he nods, looking down at the sleeping Anna. Her head is on his chest, her body sprawled on the couch and his arms are wrapped around her possessively.

To say the least, I'm shocked she hasn't freaked out that a stranger is here, hugging her and she doesn't care, even with the mate bond.

"That would be the best way to go.. but we should definitely give them a chance to at least surrender." Lance speaks confidently, strongly but I don't trust his thoughts.

I don't want to, I just want to attack Legend and my father.

"The best way to go isn't always the right way to go." I say, loudly.

He whispers calmly, "Be more quiet, Anna is sleeping. But yes, you're quite right, but that isn't the right way to go mom. We need to give them a chance, he's your mate. He lied, so what? So did Xavier, but you didn't attack him." I sigh, rubbing my eyes.

"I need sleep, I guess." Why am I so messed up?

"No, what you need is to be back in the werewolf world. Mother, you knew when you came into the human world, that it would danger your health. No werewolf can survive here, it's deadly and-" Anna whimpers in her sleep, making Lance pick her up and rock her back to forth. His voice lowers even more, "and the pack needs you back. We all need you back." He looks at me pleadingly but I shake my head.

"I knew what would happen when I came here, I knew the dangers. I just want to live Lance, I never got a childhood." I plead with him to understand, my eyes beg him.

"Neither did I. But you don't see me giving up my pack to run after something that just can't happen, instead I'm running after my mother who's the most powerful leader, while she whines for a childhood and won't even face reality." He says sharply and I look at him with disbelief.

"I am not running away Lance, I'm just-" I stop, looking down at the floor. Am I really running away?

"You're just what?" He says, and I know that he knows he's already won this argument.

"I don't know.." I trail off, waiting for any possible thought that could get me out, that could let me win this argument and stay here.

"Exactly. Now go to bed, we have a long trip to make tomorrow." I nod, although I'm not too happy about being told what to do by a fifteen year old, let alone my son.

"And what do you expect to do with her tomorrow when we leave? You don't actually think she'll come, do you?" I laugh harshly, and I don't know whether it's due to lack of sleep or not, but I'm having a mood swing.

"I plan on it. Now go." Lance says roughly, turning away from me and hugging the sleeping Anna even closer, her fragile body is tiny beside his muscular, built one.

I look away from him, feeling my own mate bond beg for my own care, but I know it's too late now.

Because fate can only determine that.

-

I waked up to loud whimpering and quiet sobs. I know it's my werewolf hearing that ignites when I hear small footsteps that are downstairs, which wouldn't be heard by human ears.

I sit up abruptly, trying to find out who the person is that is making these noises. I shake my head.

Where's Lance and Anna?

I freak out, losing my own self-control as I jump out of the bed and begin to run. Was it all a dream? Was Lance coming and Anna being his mate just a dream?

Was coming here just a dream?

I look around me and my wolf says no.

This is reality, Lance is okay, Anna is his mate, she's okay, they haven't found us.

Xavier's pack hasn't found us to take us back to our world, to let us stay healthy and strong, that would ruin the war plan.

The attack.

I turn a sharp right and run right into Lance, sending him straight through a wall and into another room. "Lance? Are you alright?" I look at him through his body hole in the wall, and watch as he stands up brushing the dry wall off of him.

I grin, but I fades as quickly as it came when he starts whimpering.

So he was the one whimpering and sobbing.. I see the tear stains on his cheeks and I quickly walk through the wall to embrace him but stop, as the words fall from his lip.

He looks down slowly, licking his lips like Xavier would in a situation like this before looking up. "She left."

"She couldn't have, I heard her footsteps. She couldn't be far, why didn't you go after her?" I ask frantically.

My own life full of mates has always been unsuccessful, what with Xavier and Legend. But I will not stand here, and let my own sons life of his mate, fall apart without knowing I tried to help him get her back, and that she did, slowly, come back to him.

"Check downstairs right now, the lobby, anything. Smell for her scent." I say with force and he nods before leaving, his pace slower than a sloth.

"You'll never find her if you stay negative son, you need to find her." He begins to run, before he slowly fades out of my sight, but his footsteps never disappear.

I look around, thinking of a place she could hide before I turn around and begin to run to where she had told me the first night, would be where she would hide if an intruder came.

And that, is where I look first.

My body thumps against the wooden floors wildly, the sounds echoing in the quiet hallway, before I walk into a closet of her room, and climb into the attic, before walking across the dusty, unsafe wood and pulling a curtain away from a transparent glass 'window.' It pulls open and that, is where I stop moving.

Everything I had been about to do is gone and I'm left, by the eerie sensation of my fate.

'Game on, Paris, and to think.. I thought we were friends."

-KG