Chapter 6

I pushed myself through some thick branches  as I went to meet him later that night. This was a bad idea, I groaned out, tired of constantly losing the trail. I took my phone out of my pocket and turned on the screen to check the time. 11.53. Shit, I'm gonna be late. 

I might've accidentally fallen asleep earlier, but it's not my fault he wanted to meet in the middle of the night!

"Well, you could always move your damn legs a bit faster," Faith huffed out. 

"Shut up, you're absolutely not helping," I hissed back, tired of her bitchy behaviour. She was  excited to see Ryker again and it was getting annoying.

 I rolled my eyes and stopped. I had lost the trail again and  had absolutely no idea where I was. Frustrated, I turned around to check for any familiar surroundings, but almost peed my pants. A figure was leaning against a tree just a few feet from me. A murderous scream escaped my mouth and I raised my bat. See? That's why I wasn't kidding about bringing it with me, there are creeps out there. 

In a millisecond, the figure had moved closer to me and draped one hand over my mouth to stop me from screaming, while the other hand grabbed my bat and threw it away. I was shaking from fear, and it was too dark to see anything, but the sparks gave the person away and suddenly, all of my fear was gone. He leaned over to me. 

"That's a great example of why you all need my help with training," he whispered. What a jerk. Not scared anymore, I grabbed his hand and tore it away from my mouth. He let me.

"What is wrong with you? You can't go around scaring people, or me, again! Besides, this isn't even where we were supposed to meet, why are you here?" I asked angrily, embarrassed I let him get to me again. He crossed his arms across his chest and luckily, wasn't topless this time. 

"You were late and I didn't feel like waiting for you," he replied. Yes, because you picked a ridiculous meeting place and I got lost.

"You wanted to talk. So talk," It was late, I was tired, had almost had a heart attack and annoyed by his jerk-ish behaviour. I just wanted to get this over with. He took a step closer to me, but we were still a good four feet apart.

"We need to talk about this... situation we have," he said, as if not finding the right words. 

"What about it?" I rubbed my arms, feeling the cold get to me. 

"I hope you've figured out we're mates?" I nodded.

"Good.  I want you to move in with me," wait, what? Where the hell did that come from?

"No. No way. Why would that be necessary?" I was totally not ready for that, " I barely know your name, for God's sake!" he shrugged his shoulders. 

"Look, being me comes with a cost. Over the time, I've collected a good amount of enemies and they'd all love to get a piece of you, just to drive me mad," He looked away while saying that and his voice got deeper by a notch. 

"He cares about us! He just basically said, the thought of us with somebody else would drive him crazy," Faith chimed in. I swear, that I don't always shut her up, but lately, she's only opened her mouth in unsuitable times. 

"Shut your damn hormones, girl, and let me focus." 

"But why does that mean I have to move in with you? I can stand up for myself," he chuckled, and even that sounded melodical. No, it didn't, stop. 

"Right, you couldn't even beat me just a few minutes ago and you had a bat, while I was completely unarmed," I felt my cheeks turn red. 

"Well, it's not really my fault you're built like a mountain," shoot, Farrah, why did you say that outloud? He didn't reply, but I could see him smirking. A second later his face turned serious again. 

"This isn't really a matter of discussion, I'll talk to your dad in the morning. Pack a bag by that time," So I don't get a say in this?

"What if I don't agree to come?" he can't force me to leave my own house.

"I'm sure your father would agree with me and the fact, that you'll be a lot safer with me than anywhere else." He sounded determined, I didn't think it would be possible to change his mind.

"Fine, but I wanna set some rules- living with you doesn't make me bound to you. I'll be free to meet up with my friends and family whenever I want and wherever I want," he nodded. I can't believe I actually gave in so easily.

"It's the mate bond, it affects you."

"Fair enough," was his response, maybe this wouldn't be so bad? 

------------- 

"I can't believe I wasn't the first one to know you'd found your mate!" mom sobbed next morning, when Ryker had come to talk to dad (he had been right, dad had agreed with him right away), Liv nodded in agreement. 

"Oh, stop, mom. You're being overdramatic. You found out, didn't you? And besides, this isn't that big of a deal," I shrugged. Mom let out a gasp. 

"Yes, it is! My little girl is growing up and moving out! Who knows, maybe I'll have grandchildren soon and  I don't know if I'm ready for that." 

"You're embarrassing me, mom. I'm not gonna be that far away, and besides, I'll come visit," I assured her and turned to Liv. 

"Same goes for you, we'll meet everyday in training and you can call me anytime, okay?" she nodded and gave me a tight hug. Dad and Ryker were already outside, discussing something by the car and Cole was away somewhere, so I didn't get to say goodbye to him or anything, but it was fine, I'd see him tomorrow anyway. 

I heard my name being called and turned my head. Ryker was motioning me to go outside. I sent one last look to mom and Liv and walked to the car. 

----------- 

"This is oddly nice," I said, when we reached to his house. 

"Did you think I lived in a cave or something?" I blushed a bit, because that might've been exactly, what I had been thinking. It definitely didn't sound that weird in my mind. 

The house was bigger than I expected, it was modern and seemed way too expensive. 

Another thing, that had caught my attention, was that despite the stories, Ryker didn't seem that bad, so I was intereseted in finding out, if any of the stories were even somewhat true.

"Are you sure you live alone?" I asked to be sure. What did he do with all of that space? It's not like he had a pack. 

"No, I don't," wait, what? My heart sank a bit, I looked at him questioningly. 

"I have a dog," my eyes widened and instant relief took over me. So, a wolf had a dog, huh?

"What, did you think he had a girlfriend?" 

"You'll never know, okay?" 

"I love dogs,"  I breathed out.

-------------- 

Thank you for reading!

-Romybks17