Chapter 3

"So, mom, what to you know about the Alpha?" I asked my mom when the two of us were sitting in front of the TV in the following evening. Mom looked at me with a weird face, as if she had no idea, what I was talking about.
"You know, the one in the woods?" I asked curiously. Something had sparked my interest in him, when I realized I knew nothing about that man.
"Well, he lives somewhere in the woods and likes to keep to himself. I think he's been in the pack house on a few occasions, you know, like for meeting or something," right, but that wasn't new information, I decided to press it some more.
"Oh, but what does he look like?" I asked bluntly. God, Farrah, that's weird, plus, it's your mom you're talking to!
"I think you should ask your father, he's the Beta after all, he's been to the meetings. Why do you even wanna know?" he is, but dad and Cole are away somewhere.
"But, he must be old, right? About the same age as our Alpha?" I ignored her question. Mom switched off the TV and turned to me.
"Farrah, where has this sudden interest in him come from? Did you see him or something?" She asked with a serious face.
"What? No, of course not, I just, I don't know, wanted to know about the man guarding our safety," She didn't look like she believed me, but stopped asking questions. I sighed, getting up.
"I'm gonna go for a run," I stated. Mom nodded and switched the TV back on and continued watching some cooking show.

It was dark, really dark, but being a werewolf had its benefits and I could still see pretty well. I plugged in my headphones, to keep my mind off of the creepiness of the night and started jogging.
"Hey, Faith, you there?" I voiced.
"Well, of course, it's not like I could've taken off somewhere and not bring you with me," she answered sarcastically.
"Oh, shut up, you know what I meant. Anyway, we've been going for quite a while now, can you sense the borderline?"
"Yes, we're on Stillwater's land, but not for long, we should probably head back anyway, it's getting late," right, I checked my watch. It's 22:37, so pretty late indeed.
"well, tha-," I was cut off by someone slamming at me.
"What the-," didn't get to finish that sentence either, because a hand was placed roughly onto my mouth to shut me up. At that moment, I noticed the intense sparks and buzzes of electricity coming from touching that person.
"Mate," came from my head. Damn it, are you serious? I thought I had some more time before all of that. And damn, the sparks were as cliche as ever, I'd always thought everyone just made them up to spice up their stories.
Getting back to reality, I realized I was lying on the ground, on the cold, muddy and wet ground, if I might add, and someone was hovering over me, in a protective stance. Recognizing the "someone" as a topless male, I pushed him off with all of my strength, got back up and took off in a random direction.
"Where the hell are you going? You can't just leave him!" I blocked her out, not needing her to complicate the already complicated situation even more. I didn't dare to look back, but I could hear the heavy steps not so far from me. Damn it. A few more feet is how far I got before I was slammed to a trunk of a tree. That hurt, but I didn't make a sound. After a few seconds, I opened my eyes and was greeted with intense blue ones staring right back at mine. I choked on my breath. If this was my mate, then I was a lucky gal, because this male was absolutely gorgeous, I was slightly jealous. I tore my eyes away from his face and focused on our current position. He was holding his hands next to my head, on the trunk, and was standing too close to my liking.
Realizing I was about to push him away once again, he opened his mouth: "Don't move." The words came out harsh, even though he was whispering. That was an order. He diverted his eyes to the left, then to the right, to check the surroundings and then he placed them on me again.

———
Here's chapter 3 (more of a filler chapter)!
feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments and if you've made it this far, thank you!
-romybks17