Chapter 4

For a few seconds, neither of us said a word, only an intense eye contact was made. Deciding I'd had enough, I turned my head away, put my hands on his bare torso and tried to set myself free. He didn't move an inch.
"Sorry, would you mind?" I asked, getting a bit irritated, he had no right to keep me in a position like this.
"He's our mate, dumbass," came from my head. Not getting a reply from him, I raised my eyes again, and sure enough, his were still fixated on me. God damn it, how can someone's eyes be that beautiful? No, stop it, Farrah!
"Are you mute or something? I said let me go!" I tried once more, raising my voice by a notch. This time, a frustrated sigh came from him and he pushed himself away from me.
Trying to calm my racing heart, I took a few more steps back as well.
"What the hell was that? You can't just assault a random female in the woods!" okay, so maybe I wasn't a random female, since I was his mate, but still!
"It's not my fault you were too dumb to notice the rogues just a few yards from you," he replied, his voice deep and husky, his eyes staring at me with annoyance.
"Sends shivers down your spine, right?" Faith teased me.
"Shut the hell up! Totally not the right time for this!" I shushed her.
"What? What rogues? I would've heard them! Or smelled them, or...something!" I tried to justice, pretty sure I seriously would've noticed them, especially if they'd been that close to me. And how dare he call me dumb.

"Well, seemed like you didn't. Anyway, be more careful or bring a babysitter with you next time you wanna go on a run, since you can't seem to look after yourself," he replied smoothly, voice dripping with annoyance, again.
He crossed his arms on his chest, making the chest muscles stand out. I ripped my eyes off of him and clenched my fists, feeling the anger boil up in me.
I closed my eyes for a second, trying to stay calm. That didn't really work out though.
"How dare y-," I was ready to slash out a moment later, but he was gone. What? I turned around, trying to see him or catch his scent, but, nothing. I groaned out in frustration.
"I wonder why he didn't address us as his mate?" Faith asked with a sad tone.
"Thank God for that, really, that means he probably doesn't want a mate right now either and that wins me more time," I chirped happily. Faith stayed silent, I knew she was angry and longing for him and I couldn't help but feel a little bit of sympathy for her.
Suddenly remembering the rogues (even though I still wasn't sure if he'd been telling the truth) I shook the thoughts out of my head and ran back home.

Feeling bored, I decided to call Liv. I picked up the phone, typed in the already memorized phone number and pressed "call".
"Hey, it's Liv, obviously I ain't here right now, but you know what to do!" and she was cut off by the familiar beep of the voicemail. I put the phone down and sighed.
I guessed she was with Liam and honestly, I was happy for her, even if no one was sure, if they were actually mates, Liam made her happy and that's what mattered.

——
A few weeks had passed since the incident in the woods. October had turned into November, snow was covering the once green grass and the temperature had dropped.
I hadn't mentioned him to anyone, since I didn't actually know anything about him and I didn't even want to think about what my mom or Liv would do, if they somehow found out.
Faith was still mad at me for not running after him and dropping to my knees, begging for him to take me with him. So, she decided to ignore me instead, and honestly maybe it was better this way anyway, at least she didn't cloud my mind with lustful images of him.

A knock on my door cut off my line of thoughts.
"Hey, um, dad called and told us to go to the pack house, the Alpha arranged a pack meeting. Mom's warming up the car," Cole's soft voice said, his head peeking into my room.
"Oh, right, thanks. Give me a second," he nodded and closed the door.
I grabbed my warm coat and ran downstairs. Mom was patting my shoulder to rush me out of the door faster and muttered something about being late.
The car was still cold and I could see my breath come out in white puffs. Yes, we could've shifted into our wolves instead of driving, but for Cole and I, shifting still hurt, so mom tried to avoid it, which I was thankful of.
Alpha Mason stood up on the small stage, the movement made everyone shut up, his authority buzzing in the air. He cleared his voice.
"We've been informed of a new rogue pack near the borderline," whispering was heard in the hall.
"Silence! Due to that, we've decided to intensify our training to make sure everyone's able to protect themselves, if needed," this time, groans were heard, but people nodded, agreeing with the decision.
"And to make sure, we have the best techniques, Alpha Ryker, who sadly couldn't make it here today, will accompany us in our training lessons. We will start tomorrow, am I understood?" a chorus of "yes, alphas" flooded the room.
"Who's Alpha Ryker?" I asked my dad, who was sitting next to me. He looked at me, probably surprised I didn't recognize the Alpha by his name.
"He's the Alpha in the woods, the rogue Alpha."

——
Here's Chapter 4!
I'm really thankful for the comments you have left to me, it means a lot :)
-romybks17