Chapter 8

"You seem tired, didn't sleep well?" I asked, when I noticed his dark under eyes and the angry-ish look on his face. He shrugged his shoulders, not giving me a reply and I sighed, sank deeper into my seat and turned my head to look at the passing trees.
We were currently on our way to the very first training session, and I was nervous, to say the least. I had always thought of myself as a decent fighter, being the Beta's daughter made me stronger than most, but something about showing my skills in front of Ryker made my stomach churn.
Now that I think about it, Ryker's moodiness could have something to do with the way our day ended yesterday. He barely said a word to me since the incident and had a sour face on all evening. I tried to talk to him, but he wanted to go for a run and I didn't see him anymore before this morning.
I was shaken out of my thoughts when I noticed, that we had arrived to my old pack. I hurried out of the car, left Ryker behind and ran towards my house to see if my family had already left for training or not. They had, so I decided to just catch them later and started jogging to the field.
The weather was getting colder and I felt the need to zip up my light sports jacket.
"Oh, my god, hey! I've been missing the hell out of you, why haven't you called?" I was startled at first when a figure jumped at me, but relaxed when I realized it was just Liv.
"Maybe 'cause it's only been a day? But I missed you too," I said laughing and hugged her back. It was true, even if it had only been a mere 24 hours or less, I still missed her. We were really close, always glued to each other, so separation, even for a short time, was tough.
"So, how's living with the hunk?" I slapped her shoulder playfully, when she started teasing me.
"Oh, stop it. But it's fine, so far so good, I guess," I for some reason, I decided to leave out the store incident part.
"I wanna hear all about it, you should come over after this," she offered and I definitely wanted to.
"Sure, I'll talk to Ryker later," but that would have to wait, because I saw Ryker walking up to the front, silencing everyone.
"I want you to get in pairs and wait for further instructions," His voice sounded different than it did while talking to me, when it was almost softer somehow, that made my stomach flutter a bit. I, of course paired up with Liv. Ryker walked back and forth in front of us, making sure the setup was right.
"I want you to spar with your partner and later I will put together new pairs and you will come to the front to spar. This is necessary for me to assess your abilities, understood?" I turned to Liv, who already had a glint in her eyes. She was ready to fight or well, something like that.
——
We never got to spar in front of Ryker, because he decided we were too tired and left it for tomorrow
"Hey, I'm gonna go ask Ryker if I can stay at yours for a bit, I'll give you a call or something, okay?" Liv nodded and rushed off to find Liam. I searched the crowd for Ryker and easily spotted him, he was a good foot taller and much more muscled than most of our men. I jogged over to him and waited a bit, because he was having a conversation with one of the warriors.
"Is it okay if I go over to Liv's? I could meet you back at your house later," I asked when he finally turned to me. I didn't ask, because I desperately needed his permission, but because I just wanted to be polite and let him know about my whereabouts. He thought for a second.
"How long is this gonna take?" He didn't sound too happy about it, more annoyed, as if I were some kid he had to babysit.
"I don't know, look, I don't actually even need your permission, I'll just meet you back there later," I said and turned on my heel to walk
away, getting annoyed by him being annoyed. I was acting childish, but I didn't care.
He placed his hand on mine and pulled me back. We were suddenly standing very close, from far away, it would probably look like we were hugging, but I didn't mind, despite being mad at him just a second ago.
"You can go, but don't stay out too late, I don't want you alone out there when it's dark, okay?" he said, looking down at me, his warm minty breath fanning my face. I only managed to nod, my mouth glued shut due to our closeness. He let me go and took a step back. I did the same, turned around and walked towards Liv's.
——
Romybks17

Farrahजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें