Chapter 5

"So, the Alpha has invited Alpha Ryker over for dinner and they were nice enough to invite us as well," Dad announced at lunch. I poked a cauliflower with my fork, not really interested in sitting through an awkward dinner.
"Do we all have to go?" I asked, hoping I wouldn't have to attend.
"Absolutely, they've asked us to come and we're going to be nice about it. It's an honor, after all," I frowned, nodded and continued to eat my food.
"Farrah, you should bake that delicious chocolate cake of yours!" chirped in mom, probably noticing the tension in the room and trying to lighten it.
"Yeah, I suppose so," I replied, partly uninterested. I didn't understand why all of us had to go. Why could not Cole and I just stay at home while our parents went to welcome the Alpha? Well, Cole would probably want to go, I've always thought he secretly had a crush on the Alpha's younger daughter. I looked at him evilly.
"I bet Cole's really excited for tonight," I said innocently, chewing on a piece of carrot. He glared at me and I laughed silently.

Soon, it was about 6 PM. Mom made me bake a cake and that took most of the afternoon, leaving me with only thirty minutes to shower and get dressed, which is why I couldn't think of a better outfit than a simple black dress.
As I was putting a little bit of lipgloss on, I heard my father call me downstairs.

"Remember, be polite," I rolled my eyes. I swear sometimes dad forgot we weren't nine anymore. The door opened, revealing our smiling Luna. I plastered on a fake smile, hoping to conceal the fact, that I'd rather be at home, eating chips and watching a tv-show.
"Come inside, everyone's here already!" she rushed us on. We all stepped inside and a cloud of something familiar hit me. It was the scent from the woods, I still hadn't quite figured out what it was.
A minute later, I felt as if I was hit with a brick. My mate (that topic still hadn't been discussed) was sitting at the table, talking to our Alpha, who seemed chirpy, while my mate's face was void of any emotions.
"The Beta's family has arrived!" The Luna announced. My father walked in the direction of my mate, dragging all of us with him.
"We've already met, but I wanted you to meet my family," dad's tone had changed to a one more professional. The man nodded, shaking dad's hand.
So that was Alpha Ryker? I gasped loudly, which made everyone look at me. I forced my eyes to the floor and tried to make myself as small as possible, feeling embarrassed.
Suddenly, my mom nudged me, I sent her a questioning look.
"Go on, introduce yourself," oh, right, I blushed a bit, suddenly feeling self conscious. I reached out my shaking hand and muttered: "I'm Farrah," my voice only a bit louder than a whisper, my eyes not meeting his. He nodded, and took my hand to shake it.
"Ryker," he replied with his low voice, which sent shivers down my spine. The sparks were there again, so I pulled my hand away quickly and took a few steps back. My mom looked at me weirdly, but thankfully didn't say anything.

I felt uncomfortable throughout the whole dinner. He sat across from me and I could sometimes feel his eyes on me, and I'm sure he could feel mine on him as well. I just couldn't help it. He was absolutely gorgeous. The mate bond was buzzing between us, as if trying to force us closer together. I ignored it.

After an hour or so, the dinner luckily came to an end. I felt relieved, but just as I was about to step out of the house, a piece of paper was forced into my hand. I looked at him questioningly, but he acted as if the exchange hadn't happened.

I remembered the note when I'd finally gotten home and changed out of my dress. It was crumpled up, but still readable.

Need to talk. Meet me at the westside borderline. Tonight, at midnight.
-R

Well, that's not creepy at all, just a random guy asking me to meet him in the woods in the middle of the night. "But he isn't just a random guy, Farrah", my head told me and I knew that, so I was going to meet him in one hour and twenty seven minutes. At midnight. But I was going to bring a baseball bat with me, just in case.

——-
Sorry it's a bit shorter, but I wanted to know if you actually liked the story, so, if you do, leave a comment and I might upload again tomorrow :) Also, the pic above is how I imagine Alpha Ryker to look like, but of course, you can use your own imagination ;)
-Romybks17