CHAPTER 06- Situations✔.

RECAP

We shared everything into two including her new collection. After praying 'Asr I and Ya Mukhtar left.

___Chapter Six___

His P O V

I couldn't believe my ears when baba told me of my 'bethrothal' to his friend's daughter. Funny thing I laughed at Mukhtar's suggestion to marry his sister Khadijah 3 days ago and now i'm in a similar predicament. Had it been I knew this was coming I would've agreed to marrying Khadijah, atleast I know her, she's pretty and I can endure living with her, perhaps. But I know not a thing about this girl i'm marrying, she may be a spoilt brat, pampered obnoxious freak or a no nonsense kind of person. I'd rather the latter so that we can both mind our business and not stick noses in one another's business.

So all I know about this girl is her name, Khadijah. How ironic. That is all my mother is saying as she wants it to be a surprise and most likely a pleasant one, or so she thinks.

I informed Mukhtar and all he did was smile and reply me with "Allah yasanya Albarka" which was highly unlikely because in a situation like this, Mukhtar would've mock and laughed at me, so I deem this weird and disturbing.

Ever since Baba told me of the marriage I made a vow that I plan to work on. No matter who the bride is. Before I see her face and I won't back down on my words. There are no secrets between I and Mukhtar, but i'm willing to keep my intent as a secret between my heart and my mind.

Bored out of my mind I decided to pay Mukhtar a visit at this time of the night, after Isha already he should be at home, so I wore black sweats and a white-tee, grabbed my car keys and left the house.

Minutes later I was laughing with Mukhtar about some silly joke of his, suprisingly the door flew open and a half dressed Khadijah and Amna walked into the main palor, Mukhtar glared at them for their inappropriate dressing and impulsively they both shrieked, bumped into each other forehead to forehead before running away leaving the door open, weirdos.

And Mukhtar was suggesting I marry one of them, definitely not happening.

After their little commotion we just looked at each other and I shrugged my shoulders while Mukhtar mumbled something like "girls with their stupid sleepovers" rolling his eyes his eyes.

Chuckling I wondered when....scratch that, if those girls will ever grow up.

At arriving home, Baba instructed me to come straight to his parlor which I immediately did to avoid his wrath which brought my mind back to what transpired between I and him earlier today.

"Muhammad Tahir, I want to talk to you about your wedding which is taking place in a week" he began.

I felt my heart stop but nonetheless nodded.

"The girl's name is khadijah" he continued.

Ironic!

With a serious expression on my face, I nodded.

I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling thinking of how to approach my bride. No matter who she is I must work on my plan.

Khadijah's P O V

I couldn't believe my ears when Baba told me I was marrying Tahir. Na shigesu! (I'm in trouble).

I underestimated the word marriage when I asked Ya Mukky to talk to Tahir, but now that Baba has made his decision and apparently it's the same guy I feel uneasy and anxious.

I used to crush on him, mind you when I was twelve but not anymore, he sees me as a little sister. I really do not like this, my only advantage is that his mom is head over heels in love with me, so are his siblings, Saeedah, Hairi, Muna and Haifa. But him, I'm not sure of.

All my dreams of marrying the person I love faded away which is so unfortunate, I laid on my bed and let the tears fall freely.

A knock sounded on my door and I ignored it until it annoyed me so I tied my hair in a bun and opened the door. Even my hair knows its owner is having an emotional breakdown, it's breaking.

"Why are your eyes red, Khadijah what's with you and crying? I don't like this at all" He complained, moving into the room.

"Ya Mukhtar i'm sorry but I need to free the tears"

"You're marrying Tahir" he spoke after a while. It wasn't a question or a surprised statement, it was just said.

"Sorry. But he doesn't know that you're his wife, he said that he wishes not to know a thing about his bride, all he knows is that her name is Khadijah. And I'm disappointed in you wallahi" and my heart fell.

"Ya Mu.." I swallowed and couldn't end the sentence. The disappointment in his eyes made my heart clench with guilt even though I do not know what I did.

"Do not speak, where did you go to last three weeks on Friday?" He asked, clenching his jaw.

And my heart somersaulted negatively, I can't believe this, I don't want to believe this. I felt embarassed, i'd rather Ya Bashir or Yaa Ayshah know about this but not Ya Mukhtar. Not him.

"I was with Baba when someone who I do not want to disclose his identity to you came in on us and said he saw you entering an incompleted building wearing skinny jeans and a denim jacket, Khadijah is this a lie? Please tell me the truth, I trust you"

And the waterfalls began, I sobbed hard on my knees and nodded shamefully, I couldn't look him in the eyes.

"I am very disappointed in you, Baba knows of this and he instructed me to talk to you, Khadijah who and what took you there, I want nothing but the truth" his voice sounded stern as a frown marred his face.

"Zayd coaxed me into going, By Allah Ya Mukhtar I didn't want to..go, he said... he said we won't stay for long. He smooth talked me into going" I felt disgusted at myself.

His lips thinned in a straight line, and he continued "Daurin aure kawai za a miki (There would be no event but the Wedding Fatihah) nothing more, nothing less after then you would be taken to your husband's house. Baba is displeased with you and he said you deserve nothing more and I agree with him"

"Thank you Ya Mukhtar" and he left the room without replying me. I'm doomed.

_______

AN

So, I know some of you are confused. Well your chic Khadijah went to a party in an incompleted building two weeks before baba heard her phone convo with zayd. It's not her habit, just a one time thing so please do not hate her.

P.S I included Muhammad's Point of view in this chapter. For those confused Muhammad is Tahir. His name is Muhammad Tahir Ibrahim, elderlys call him Muhammad while we call him Tahir.

Sorry for the late update

Kindly Vote, Comment & Share!

NanaAmiinah_Xo