CHAPTER 04- Amna✔.

RECAP

Tic Toc.

Tic Toc.

Tic Toc.

"Heeeh!!!!! Biki things on point niggah OMG OMG OMG, I'm the best fren OMG, wait I'm the only friend!" She exclaimed, clapping enthusiastically.

Did she hear me right?

___Chapter Three___

Khadijah's P O V

"Are you crazy? Of all the things I told you" I asked feigning hurt, placing my palm over my chest, the heart area or so I thought.

"What?, I've never for once liked Zayd after all, plastic smiles is all i've been giving him so that you won't feel bad, So Tahir...Tahir Ya Mukky's friend abi? The one you used to crush on" she answered jabbing my sides and wiggling her brows. God help me.

"Spare me that was when I was 12 please, that's even if he agrees" I rolled my eyes. She has a long term memory that never forgets anything!

"Ahh who'll let opportunity to have this whole package pass him? Babe is you crazy?" she said while making a picture of a figure, a fine one at that- apparently mine, to which I just hissed. She's crazy i'm telling you.

"Anyway sorry" she said pulling me closer and putting a hand over my shoulder patting it gently.

Okay now this is the sympathetic Amna the other one is the 'crazy possessed one' she has many sides I tell you, depending on her mood switch. Yes a switch at the farthest end of her brain.

We talked a little bit and she started suggesting her people to me.

"So Hammad is 30 he's
my cousin, married but the wife is trouble sh..."

"Stop right there" I interrupted hearing the word trouble.

"Okay, Muhammad, my friend the guy fine you have to bear with him though he's a cassanova 27 yea.." she added.

"I'm the possessive type" i whispered, cutting through her statement.

"Well Uncle Salmanu isn-"
"I don't like the name, no offense" raising my hands in surrender.

"Ah you're not looking for a husband Didi, too choosy, you have no choice but to let baba do his thang"

Groaning I put my face flat on a pillow tired of everyone telling me to let baba select a husband for me, seriously he doesn't know my type or preference.

"Toh this is the truth ai, and i'm sure the person will be the perfect husband. Keep praying Didi and be obedient, respect his decision. He's your father bazai cuce ki ba(he won't hurt you) no matter what, be happy he's even available to choose a husband for you even though it's under a dire circumstance" as she said that I felt guilty. Amna knows nothing about her dad, she's seen his pictures and all but that's not enough, never enough. He died before she was born, although raised by her mother alone, she's the most obedient and respectful girl i've ever seen, Amna is a very pious Muslimah. So I felt the need to abide by what she said, could you believe that my siblings all told me the same thing but I did not heed and now my half crazed friend is repeating it and i'm willing to agree. Wonders!!!

"Okay Amna" lowering my head I pursed my lips.

"Good girl, now lets go to Mommy's house you need to see my new collection" Mommy's house meant her house.

"Ya Allahu, for real?"

"Yessss yess yess" and we did a happy dance putting away my worries at the moment.

So guess what new collection she's talking about!

Of chocolates obviously, she's.. I mean we are obsessed with candies, chocolates anything sweet. We are basically foodies but then I remembered Baba's new rule which stopped me from dancing.

"But Amna I can't leave this compound"

"Ohh yeah this dummy totally forgot" she smacked her forehead.

"Anyway lets do something, I am B O R E D" she spelt it making me roll my eyes.

"Amna when are we resuming school?" I asked.

"Umm in four weeks fah can you imagine" she answered groaning. Seriously who hates school more than me? Well it's Amna, she can be lazy AF!

"I can't believe it" I groaned.

We talked a lot before my phone started ringing, I checked the caller ID and almost choked on my saliva, Baba's name was written boldly on my screen, I panicked and picked the call.

"Assalamu Alaikum Baba Ina yini (Good afternoon)" I began, in the calmest tone.

"Wa alaikumus salaam Khadijah where are you?"

"I'm at Yaa Ayshah's" I can't believe I and Baba are talking so formally.

"Come back home"

"Inshaa Allah. I'm on my way" I replied dragging Amna's hand shouting our byes to the people in the house.

We practically ran back home and met Baba in the main Parlor with Baba Kashim, Mama, Aunty Habiba, Baba Isa (Ya Kabir's parents) and a very familiar couple that I could not put a finger on where I've seen them before. We squatted and greeted each and every one of them as my heart thumped wildly which I had no inkling why and immediately left the place after we were told off.

I felt nervous all of a sudden, that couple's faces was imprinted on my mind but I couldn't say exactly how or where I know them, shrugging my shoulders I laid flat on my carpet while Amna took the bed talking on the phone. Damn the floor was hard.

So I stood up, went straight to my wardrobe, brought out two sleeveless nighties and shorts for both Amna and I, I knew she was sleeping over because I overheard her on the phone with her mom and she was saying something about staying for the night.

The Adhaan for Maghrib prayer rang on my phone interrupting my thoughts, so I performed wudhu, laid a Dark shade of purple Sallaya (Prayer mat) and prayed. As I was reciting the holy Qur'an I heard mama calling my name so I had to pause and jog to her room.

I slapped my forehead, completely forgotten that she wasn't in her room but in the main parlor so I calmed my heavy jumbled breath and walked in with a Salaam to which mama and the woman from earlier both answered as my father and co were undoubtedly in the masjid. Mama instructed me to come closer, which I did and she introduced me to her guest.

"Toh Khadi, this is Aunty Rakiyah, she is Baba Ibrahim's wife".

I just nodded and greeted her not knowing what else to do because I did not grab who Baba Ibrahim was.

"Lafiya qalau (I'm fine thank you) Khadijah, you don't remember me right?" Aunty Rakiyah began smiling.

I shyly nodded and she continued "Ahh I thought as much, you were very little when we used to visit your house back in Abuja we hadn't met since your relocation to Kano until today, whenever we come it's either you're in school or elsewhere"

"Ohh Allah sarki" I answered crouching, with my head facing the floor

"Wallahi and you've grown to a very pretty girl Mashaa Allah even though it was obvious that you'll turn out to be like this, we're very blessed Masha Allah my son is lucky, I am very happy dear"

_______

AN

Hello there. Is that a cliffhanger I smell?!
Next is for you guys to know who the lucky guy is.

Kindly Vote, Comment & Share!!!

NanaAmiinah_Xo