Chapter 03- Phone Calls✔.

RECAP

1- Talk to Zayd about this whole issue.
2- Pester Ya Mukhy(so that he'll get annoyed and talk to Tahir)
3- Keep on pestering until he agrees.
4- Gist Amna on the story of my life.
5- Stay out of Baba's way.
6- Try not to disturb Mama.
7- Visit Yaa Ayshah and My little Babies.

Tiresome right!, Wish me luck!.

___Chapter Three___

Khadijah called Zayd in order to inform him on the current predicament she was in, he picked up after the second ring. After she was done telling him about all that happened he stayed silent.

She had to call his name three times before he got out of his reverie.

"Khadijah, please don't joke about something like this" she felt weird because he never calls her name. His voice sounded dejected.

"Zayd Wallahi i'm serious I know whis isn't what we planned for our future but kana naka Allah na nashi (as you plan for your future, Allah too plans how he wants your future to be)"

"Yeah that's true but it seems like you are not affected" this got her tongue-tied.

"Hmm Zayd had it been you knew what I went through you wouldn't have said this".

"It's the I don't care attitude tha.." he began.

"Stop! Zayd, I don't care attitude fa kace, you don't know baba. He has left me with no choice, how do you expect me to introduce you to him or any other person in a weeks' time. That's impossible because I have no one and you are too.."

"I'm too what?" he questioned impatiently. She could picture him gritting his teeth.

"Young to be married, and he'll be like 'You're still in school who will feed who'" she snapped.

He sounded pissed at my words when he replied "And you knew I was too young while you dated me"

"Look you are being unreasonable right now. I thought you'll understand this situation but I can see its the total opposite"

"Okay then Khadijah what do you expect me to say? I wish you the best or what. Anyway if that's what you want then you can have my best wishes, goodbye" with that he ended the call without letting her reply.

Khadijah's P O V

A couple of minutes later I was gloomily seated thinking of what to do next because my conversation with Zayd really soured my mood. So I decided to call Ya Mukky, I called him twice and left a voicemail telling him to call me as soon as possible which he did after two minutes.

»»"Hello Baby sis what's up" He started.

««"Nothing much Ya Mukky" I replied shoving my lower lip between my teeth.

»»"Get straight to the point" he knows me!

««"Any progress?" I asked pouting my lips as though he could see me.

»»"About Tahir? The idiot just laughed it off and said he's not ready for marriage"

««"Send me his number please"

»»"Ah no you're not that desperate" he argued. Men and their pride!

««"What choice do I have? Do you want baba to marry me off to one of his friends? I'll flee wallahi"

»»"Baba won't do that" he said trying to calm me down as I was becoming hysterical.

««"Please Beg Tahir or someone if you have to I need this"