Is

In the morning, the whole gang was seated at the table. Tom hadn't told anyone, but he had overheard Edd, Matt and Tord's conversation.
They were eating breakfast, yet Tom had barely eaten half of his food.

It seemed he had lost his appetite quickly. Tom didn't think much of it, considering the fact that the four of them ate a little too much the day before.

Later in the day, Tom started freaking out about it. He started feeling an awful pain at his back. The feeling was awful and he knew it all to well.

He told Tord and begged him not to tell the other two. Tord knew he wouldn't be able to do that, so he told Tom he wouldn't listen and he'd tell them no matter what, because they were friends, people that cared about them.

Tord had known the day would come eventually, but it was awful to see it come on the day after Matt came back to the gang. He told Edd and Matt and Edd broke to tears. Matt was able to hold back his tears, but it took all of his willpower to do so. He didn't want to make Edd feel worse.

"He said we should try and take him to the hospital", brought up Tord.
He looked to the left of him and still saw Edd and Matt huddled. Edd stopped crying and brought up his arm to wipe his tears. He sniffed several times and his body was still violently shaking, " a-alright, let's go."

Tord nodded and got up to get Tom. He entered Tom's room.

"Come on, Tom. We're taking you to the hospital."

"Alright." Replied Tom in a low voice.
He looked down at the floor and placed his right foot on the floor, the left, and got off the bed. As soon as his body was standing on his own, his back gave out and Tom groaned at the pain.

"Oh, Tom, are you alright? You don't" have to walk, I'll carry you if you want." He turned around and let his back face Tom.

Tom looked up and wrapped his arms around Tord's neck and Tord picked up Tom's legs to his waist.

They exited the room.

"Oh, Tom isn't gonna change?" Asked Edd.

"Nah, he couldn't even stand on his own from the pain in his back." Replied Tord.

They walked out of the building with some people walking in the apartments giving them weird looks.

They entered the car and started driving to the hospital.

Tom's gaze was locked outside the car. It helped him forget about the horrible situation he's in. The passing trees, the cars, the clouds slowly moving, everything quickly leaving his line of sight.

He saw them approaching the hospital. The door next to him opened and Tord carried him on his back again. They entered the hospital and walked up to the counter.

The person there politely told them to go to the waiting room. They complied and sat down.

After only about a minute, Tom's family came crashing through the hospital door.

"They're here again?" Asked Tom.

"Yup, just like last time." Answered Edd.

Tom's mother looked over at the waiting room and saw Tom.

"Oh Tom! Are you alright!?"

"Yeah, cause I have no reason to be in the hospital, I'm totally fine." Replied Tom.

"Hey, do not respond to me like that!"
She walked over to him and the gang.

She stopped in front of Tom and hit him on the head. Tom grunted and apologized while chuckling.

After everyone had settled down, they all seated themselves. Everyone was anxious to what would happen to Tom. They didn't think he would be able to fight it again.

"But your body learns to fight off the disease when you first get it." Tord told Edd after he revealed his fears.

"That may be true, but he needed surgery for that."

"The surgery is already in place, he won't need it again."

"But he-"

Matt stopped Edd before he could say anything more.

"Edd, stop. You need to stop worrying so much. Tom will be just fine." Matt gave Edd a smile that warmed him from head to toe. Whenever he saw that smile from Matt, he somehow knew everything would be fine.

"A-alright. I'll try to. It's just-"

"Edd. What did I just say?"

Edd looked at him and sighed. When it came to Matt, he knew he couldn't argue with him.

"Ah, look. It's the amazing Dr. Why." Tord sarcastically announced.

Dr. Why ignored Tord's comment and approached Tom. "You are Tom Thompson, if I'm right."

Tom nodded. Dr. Why turned around and commanded Tom, "then come with me."

Tom got up and followed Dr. Why.

Son of a bitch knows the side effects and is still forcing me to walk on my own. Thought Tom as he limped behind the doctor.

Edd noticed his broken movements and went to help him. He wrapped Tom's right arm around his neck and helped him keep his balance.

Tord and Matt watched them leave and couldn't help but feel miserable.

They passed the time by talking to some of Tom's relatives.

Tord had surprisingly found out some stuff about Tom that he hadn't known about. He learned about Tom's love for his siblings and how he wanted to protect them. Though to Tord, Tom always told him he hated his siblings for all the embarrassment they caused him. Tord had always known that somewhere in his heart, Tom knew he was lying to himself.

The possibility of not being able to do that themselves consumed his heart and his vision started to get swarmed with tears. The kid that was telling him a story noticed this and asked

"What's wrong?"

His young voice was one he knew he'd never experience himself. He couldn't even experience it as a kid. He didn't have any siblings, and that turned him into a selfish brat. Which he had to admit, part of that still roamed in his heart.

Tord rubbed his eyes and stuttered, "y-yeah. I'm fine." He sniffed and continued, "sorry for worrying you."

(A/N: Hai, wassup, homesicles. Sorry for the long wait. Sometimes I'll forget about this book and be like: *lip smack*....... Fuck. But whenever I remember it, I feel guilty as fuck and try my best to find inspiration to continue writing. So, again, sorry. Here's the shitty new chapter you were waiting for.)