'Cause The Hardest Part

Both Edd and Matt had blush across their faces, and both decided that it wasn't the right time to tell one another how they feel.

It's too early to tell him. He just got released from prison, thought Edd.

It's a dumb thought anyways. Edd would never like me, thought Matt.

So later that day, Matt decided to shower. He asked Tord if he knew where his clothes were. Tord responded with,

"Threw them away. Ya gonna do somethin' 'bout it?"

"No, it's quite alright. I'll get some money somehow and buy new clothes. I'm glad you told me, or else, I'd be roaming the apartment in search of my clothes. Well, see ya."

Tord stood there with his jaw dropped. He was surprised at how much Matt had changed. It made him suspect that Matt was planning on doing something to them.

"Tom!" Yelled Tord, whilst running towards to, and startling Tom.

" Fucking hell, you almost gave me a heart attack."

"Yeah, sorry about that.. But, Matt's been acting differently, he's never acted so nice.. it's suspicious.."

"Tord, he's not planning anything. Besides, we all changed. You did when you came back. It's a part of life."

"Ugh, why do you have to be on his side?'

"There are no sides in this kind of situation, Tord. Just accept the fact that Matt changed. I mean, it's not like any of us thought you were planning anything when you came back."

"So, any of you mind telling me some of the adventures you went on?" Asked a very curious Matt.

"Well, we didn't really go on adventures. It was more of, small events." Answered Tom.

"Yeah, events that you didn't come to with us. Events that you missed out on. Even-"

Tom put one of his hands over Tord's mouth and shook his head from side to side.

Edd decided to talk while they did that.
"Though they were small events, they were still fun. We got to set off fireworks on new years. Celebrate our birthdays. And other fun stuff."

Edd glanced at Tom and Tord, who were now arguing, then looked at Matt and whispered

"Even though you weren't here, I celebrated your birthday, and even bought you gifts to give you when you came back. Wait here."

Edd got up and went to his room. He came back with six boxes, all neatly wrapped and decorated. He gave them to Matt who slowly opened one of them. He found inside a yellow hoodie and a fire overcoat.

"What a coincidence. I was just telling myself earlier that I needed new clothes."

Matt smiled at Edd and he smiled back. Matt put down the clothes and opened the next gift and inside found a mirror, and it looked expensive.

"Aww, thanks, Edd. I appreciate it, but I didn't necessarily need anything fancy."

"W-well, I thought you deserved it. I mean, you always bought me something nice."

Matt tried his best to hide his face to prevent Edd from seeing his blush. The blush quickly disappeared when he heard the sound of a slap. He looked towards Tom and Tord, and was surprised Tom would do that. Tord just sat there with a shocked expression and a red cheek.

"I told you, Tord! Matt has changed! Why can't you just accept that?!"

Tord just stared at Tom as his right hand came up to his cheek and lightly touched it. He was surprised, shocked, even, that Tom had just done that. And for a moment, he actually considered it a possibility that Matt had changed.