❆ Midnight Conversation

"Hey, Jack." I whispered softly as I pulled down the comforter sheets of my bed.

"What's up, snowflake?" The guardian responded to me, his voice was calm and hushed.

I sat up groggily, having woken up in the middle of the nights by my thoughts. Earlier, I had a rough session consulting a duchess of another town. Honestly, being a queen was somewhat of a burden. All my life had been nothng but concealing, and to suddenly be a queen without any guide? It was absolutely overwhelming. 

"I've been thinking lately. . " I said honestly.

Jack jumped down from the window ledge and sat beside me, wrapping a comforting arm around my shoulder.

"About what?" He asked cautiously, eyeing my expression for hints of anything.

I sighed, looking at my hands. It was weird how I am now able to control my powers, yet my burdens seemed to only lift by just a little.

"About everything, Jack. I'm at conflict here. . . Mom and dad? They guided me through everything I did. Now that they're gone, I don't know what to do; I'm lost. Being queen is so difficult. I mean, I'm glad Anna's around, but she doesn't need to worry about anything– just a happy-go-lucky girl. I don't want to bother her with these. . These duties."

I poured my heart out, although I wasn't sure if Jack caught up. He seemed distressed and concern. About me. Before he could speak up, I added,

"And I'm really sorry that I'm telling you all of this. It's not fair, I know. ." I let out a small pitful laugh, "This isn't any of your concern either but—"

Jack interuppted, sending me a small reassuring squeeze on the shoulder.

"Hey, Elsa. . Calm down, calm down. You can vent this all out to me." He smiled genuinely. "You don't have to worry that much. You can get all the help you need. You're the queen here, Elsa, and that's both good and bad. Sure, you may have too much responsibilties for your age, but think about the good side, you're supported."

My attention got lost in his eyes and I was bewildered by what he said. Who knew the Guardian of Fun actually packed some helpful insights? But then again, I would never doubt him when it comes to comforting. He always seemed to find a way through the toughest things.

I didn't even bother to argue with him, because deep down, I knew he was right.

"You know, Jack? You never fail to amuse me."

"Isn't that the reason I'm here, snowflake?"