|| Chapter Forty-Two ||

Y/n P.o.v

One and a half days until the funeral.

I lay across the floor, not even bothering to curl up into a ball or anything of the sort. I lay flat on my back, my arms stretched over top my eyes as a few tears ran down my cheeks and touched the already damp ground with soft taps.

I shifted my head to the side as my eyes peeked out from under my arms, I stared at the floating bodies of lost children, missing limbs scattered around the space of children and spun around slowly. I giggled at the strange sight over head, I had never found the floating children amusing before- but something seemed to have popped in my head. It was different now.

"How did he treat you guys?..." I mumbled, tilting my head as I awaited a response from the floating kids.
Not that I got one.
They were too dead to answer.

I frowned and slowly climbed to my feet, the heavy weight in my stomach making it difficult. I placed a hand on my belly and stood straight, my eyes shot around Pennywise's den, he of course, was no where to be seen.
Until of course I tried to escape or something- that's how it always is.
I ran my thin fingers through my hair and stumbled forward, my tail bone giving off weak pops as I moved.

I didn't know what to do.

What was there to do?
I could tell I was losing my mind, why else would I have tried to communicate with a ton of floating kids?

I shook my head at myself and made my way closer to Pennywise's trophy pile. My eyes slowly gliding up the mountain and studying almost every object stacked within it.
That triggered my mind to begin to flood with questions that I knew would never be answered.

What was the first thing Pennywise collected?

Like, what was his very first trophy?

I tilted my head at the thought, maybe those things are just collectibles- and i'm his very first trophy.
I snorted at the thought and rubbed my eyes, the bags under my eyes were sinking into my skin to the point I could feel them no matter what. I pursed my lips as I searched the surrounding perimeter, nothing useful.
Just open tunnels, pulls of water pouring out of smaller tunnels and down large tunnels that shot deeper into the earths crust.

I crossed my arms over my chest and hung my head low, only to be interrupted by the sound of the gray water from one of the tunnels rippling and splashing around from within the tunnel, I could tell the action was a distance away. That was because splashing sounds were echoing towards me.
I drew in a deep, hesitant breath and began to slowly approach the tunnel.
My arm extended forward for my hand to rest on the wall of the tunnel, I leaned forward to peer inside- I stumbled backward at the violent contact made with me and another body.

I fell to the cement flooring, hitting my tail bone and causing it to pop even louder than it already had been. I let out a light cry of pain, and held a hand against my back. I clenched my eyes shut for a moment before the tight pain subsided, my eyes slowly opened, only to come face to face with a small child.
My eyes widened, this was a young boy, about the age of nine.
His ginger hair messy and tangled, his emerald green eyes glossed over and watery with tears. There was a large cut across his face where blood seeped down his skin.

I crawled towards him, triggering him to crab crawl away from me.
"No, no!..." I begged.
"It's okay!... Did-Did the clown t-ta-take you here?..." I asked him in a low whisper. The young boy nodded quickly. "He said he had toys with him..." He whined.
I nodded slowly before pushing myself to my feet, I held an arm out for the boy and he gladly reached for my palm and took hold of it. Once he stood with me, I pulled him close to my side.
"Will-Will you help me, Miss?" The little boy asked, I nodded almost immediately after.