|| Chapter Twenty ||

Y/n P.o.v

Joyce was about to leave, she stood in front of one of the chairs that sat pushed against the table I still sat at.
Joyce watched me for a long moment before grabbing the purse that hung loosely from the wooden chair.
I sunk into my seat and place my hand against my stomach, my heart beats were rapid; I didn't quite understand why. But I could at least take note that my body was awake and riled up.

I raised my eyes to look at Joyce, a small smile tugged at her lips and she tilted her head.
"You'll be okay alone?" She asked, taking a few steps away from the table to grab the house keys that hung against a wall rack.
I nodded slowly, I swallowed hard before replying: "I'll be fine, thank you Joyce." I forced a weak smile onto my face as Joyce nodded to show she understood, she then walked to the front door and opened it.

"I'll see you later, Y/n! If you need anything, just call!"

And with that, the front door slammed shut; the ruckus was followed by the sound of locks being triggered.
I slowly lifted my head to look around the empty room and soon after looked down at my empty plate.

I felt sick.

I stood from my seat and and weakly made my way around the house, I used what strength I had to hold back my throw up until I reached the restroom.

I threw the door open, the door knob smacking the wall with a thud. I fell to my knees in front of the toilet and threw up inside the bowl.

I've noticed that I throw up after I eat.
And all the food i've been eating has been a bit off to me, I don't crave anything.

But i'm starving.

I let out a groan and lifted my head from the toilet bowl, I slowly stood and made my way to the sink.
I washed my hands and face, staring blankly at my reflection in the mirror.
I then proceeded to flush my vomit down the toilet and make my way back to the kitchen.

I picked up my empty plate and placed it into the sick before turning the water on and washing the plate in a quick manner. I let out a sigh and turned around, I rested my hands against the counter and leaned my body against it before looking down at my body.

If someone payed close attention to the baggy shirt I wore, they could see the belly I was carrying.

I hadn't noticed the tears that slowly rolled down my cheeks, I took a deep breath and quickly rubbed my eyes.
I placed a hand against my shirt and lifted it up to receive a better view of the mound on my stomach.
I pursed my lips when I realized that my stitches seemed to have stretched a bit more over night.

I bit my bottom lip and looked around.

The house was too quiet for me to feel comfortable, I felt as if anyone-

Pennywise-

Would come anytime at anyplace and take me back to the sewers.

I needed to get out of the house for a little bit, I had to be around normal everyday people. Sure, I wouldn't communicate, and I felt like an outcast after what has happened to me-
But knowing that i'm around groups of people made me feel more secure.

I took my hands off of the counter and made my way to Carter's bedroom.
I slowly opened the door and peeked around the room before walking in, I looked around in search of some shoes I could wear.