|| Chapter Thirty-Eight ||

IT

Three days until the big day...

I sat in the bench that lay against the wall of her room, my eyes narrowed at her resting body.
I slouched my body and rested my arms on my thighs. I let out an impatient groan, only to be interrupted by movements emanating from her body. I quickly stood up and took a few steps toward my slumbering treat.

I tilted my head as a grin formed across my face, not my normal pointed smile.
I normal- human smile.

I was in the shape of her human guardian, waiting for her to awake.

When she rolled onto her other side, I sighed in disappointment.
Still asleep, what a pity.

I was thirsting for her.

I was in love with her...

Her fear at least.

I crossed my arms and stared down at my legs, the feeling of a different body was always a bit uncomfortable; obviously due to the fact I was so adapt to my terrific clown skin.

I smiled contently at my thoughts before making my way to the foot of her bed, I began to pace around the room.
I was growing hungry.
And I needed her to awake.

She didn't taste as delicious when she was resting.

Not that I snuck around while she slept and feasted on her a bit...

Ahem.

I turned my body and walked to the side of her slumber object.
I didn't care much for titles human scum gave their appliances, I was unimpressed either way.

I stood at her side, staring down at her with wide eyes. I bent my upper body to receive a closer look of her detailed facial features, her appearance felt as if it changed every day.
No doubt it must've been my infantile.
Too bad it's dead.

I quite liked her damaged appearance getting worse by the day.
It made me feel more powerful than ever. It aroused me in such a way that a simple human mind could not comprehend it.

I began to examine the sad expression that played on her resting face, she shifted her head to the side a bit, letting out a small whine in her sleep.
A low chuckle escaped my maw, how peculiar-

She was dreaming of me.

My eyes traveled down what was revealed of her small body, the thick cloth humans call a blanket covered just below her sweet, sweet hips.

My eyes fell upon her outfit, her strange, mint green gown gifted to her by the other human creatures hugged her weak frame in such a perfect way.
I slowly licked my lips, the sight of my meal before me was absolutely wonderful.

I narrowed my eyes as they stopped to study her slightly bulging stomach, her small hand rested upon it as if comforting the dead infant inside of her.

It was still a shock to me...
That the creature inside of her, whether it was dead or not...
Came from me...

It was completely unnatural.
I didn't know I could do such a thing.

As if I had lost control of my body, I lifted my right arm and placed it softly against her belly.
Almost immediately after my contact, she began to move- as if distressed.
I straightened my posture and took a step away.

Her eyes flashed open only to widen at the sight of her father creature in her view. Me, of course.
Just in a disguise.