|| Chapter Twenty-Three ||

Y/n P.o.v

I stared at the clown with wide eyes, clearly unnerved by his serious tone.
He was completely over being confused.
I shook my head quickly, letting out a squeak when Pennywise leaned in closer to my face.

I leaned back in an attempt to keep my distance, I took multiple steps back before stumbling over my own feet and falling to the floor. Pennywise stood, towering over me.
His orange eyes lit up the surrounding area.

I began using my arms to crawl backwards, I stared at him with an expression of utter panic.
Pennywise puckered his lips and narrowed his eyes, "I'm almost certain there's something you aren't telling me, Y/n! " he stated before frowning, and beginning to whimper.
"Friends tell each other everything..."

I looked at the floor and swallowed hard, I gripped the cement flooring hard enough for my knuckles to turn white.
"Be-Best friends do-don't..." I replied in a hoarse whisper.

Pennywise took a step back, his eyes widening at my comment.
"Perhaps I never thought of that... " he paused, placing a finger against his bottom lip and looking up to think.

He took a long moment of silence before looking down at me once again.
His eyes were blue, "we're best friends?" He squeaked.

I nodded quickly, trying my best to please the clown and distract him from his own question.
He squealed in response and clapped his hands frantically, he began bouncing up and down with excitement.
His ginger hair bouncing slightly to his movement, the bells that lay scattered on his suit letting off sounds of music as he danced.

I watched him carefully, my wide eyes never leaving him.

Pennywise soon calmed down, and tilted his head. Before swiftly crawling to his feet and appearing directly in front of my quivering body.
His face inches from mine.
"Don't best friends tell each other some things?" He asked with a pointed grin, his bunny like teeth showing clearly.
He seemed to have put emphasis on the word 'some'.

I hesitated, my breath hitched.
I slowly nodded as my eyes fell to the floor in disappointment.
I was attempting to use his lack of human knowledge against him, but he was just turning it around and beating me with it.

This clown was so dumb he was smart.
What does that say about me?...

Pennywise sat up and stared at me.
His eyes were hypnotizing.
"Tell me, Sweets..." He insisted, letting out a squeaky giggle as he spoke to me.
I slowly sat up, my arms nearly giving out and dropping me to the floor.
My mind was racing, I needed to think of something.

Anything to tell him.

"I'm sick-" I blurted.
Pennywise cocked his head back and furrowed his brows, "Sick?" He asked.
"Sick..." I repeated.
Pennywise turned his head to the side and thought, "you don't seem to be sick?..." He mumbled.

I pursed my lips together as my eyes shifted around Pennywise's den in panic.

Every time I ate, I ended up throwing up.

It was just a matter of time.

I nodded my head, "It's not that b-bad yet!... I'll start t-throwing u-up even-eventually..." I insisted.
Pennywise nodded slowly in response before climbing to his feet, the bells on his suit jingling to his movement.
"Then I suppose you won't mind if I watch you?" He questioned, beginning to walk towards the pile that collected in the center of the sewer scene.