3 months later...

•New York | November 23rd, 2023 | 8:48pm•

"today was the best thanksgiving and birthday I've ever had. thank you baby" Vontez said as he climbed on top of me on the bed

"no problem. I'm thankful to have you in my life and tonight was my way of showing it" I said while wrapping my arms around his neck

"well the kids are about to go to sleep, I can give you some more reasons to be thankful" He whispered into my ear

Dirty ass nigga.

"actually I have one more thing for you to be thankful for. you and Storm actually, I don't know how Micaiah is gonna feel about it"

"what?" He asked

I pushed him off of me then got up from the bed and signaled for him to follow me. We walked out of our room to the living room then to the staircase. I began to walk downstairs to our little basement/storage room. It was the perfect place to keep my gift for him since we barely ever go down there.

I opened the basement door and went inside to get the medium sized wrapped box with holes in it and brought it over to him.

"since Peanut Butter was...and you for what ever reason gave Jelly to Storm which she let run away. I got you both a little something. but let me make this clear, this is the last one I'm letting you guys keep"

He looked at me with wide eyes then took the box. I expected him to open it but he turned around and began to run upstairs with it. Confused, I followed him up and then to Storm's room where she was reading to Micaiah. Yeah they've been getting a little closer now. She still hates his guts but she's finally came to her senses that she's older and can boss him around.

"look what daddy got us" He said while sitting on the floor with them and setting the box down

I stood by the door and just smiled as they all gathered around the box and Vontez began to unwrap it. I'm going to regret this later on but their smiles and excitement was all worth it.

"open it" Storm said in anticipation even though Vontez was clearly unwrapping the box

I chuckled then walked over and sat down, putting Micaiah into my lap. He wasn't too fond of Peanut Butter, I don't know how he's gonna deal with this.

Vontez tossed the wrapping paper to the side and finally opened the box. He took a look inside, as well as Storm, then they both looked at me and their smiles dropped.

"uh baby...you sure you put enough holes?" He asked

I looked at him confused then took a look inside the box. The puppy was on it back with it's eyes closed and not moving at all. My heart skipped a beat for a second until I saw the little guys chest rise. I'm actually surprised Storm was able to assume that he was dead.

"he's just sleeping" I said "look he's breathing"

They both looked back into the box and their smiles reappeared as soon as they saw him move his head a little.

"Peanut Butter!" Storm cheered

"no! no no no, I'm naming him this time before you guys give him a ridiculous name. I refuse to name our puppy after a food, uh uh" I said while shaking my head

"fine, what's his name?" V asked

"King. his name is King"

I knew Storm was too young to understand but Vontez picked up on it. I named him after Markus sorta, well his last name at least.

"can Kingy sleep with me?" Storm asked

"for tonight sure, tomorrow we'll go get King some stuff from the pet store. now go get ready for bed" I said while standing up with Micaiah in my arms

Storm cheered then ran over to her bathroom. Vontez stayed behind to help her while I took Micaiah to our room to get him ready for bed. Yeah he's back to sleeping in our room since this place isn't that big.

Ever since the news of Vontez' sister breaking out of prison we felt that it would be best for the kids if we moved. We didn't go too far, we live upstate New York now, not the city. It get's pretty lonely out here sometimes but we have each other. We also had to stop communication with everyone and tell no one where we were headed. Vontez promised that we wouldn't have to stay here for long, just enough so that his sister would give up.

So we basically live in the forest where your closest neighbor lives about half a mile away from you. Yeah I know, it's scary and shit but at least it's safe, I hope it is. We took Storm out of preschool and Vontez stays home with the kids while I go to school. Luckily there was a small medical school in the town we now live in so I didn't have to stop going to school. I hate having Vontez be the babysitter but he's fine with it, he'd rather it be him then us trusting a random person.

The only regret I have is not being able to speak to Deivys before moving. The night of the wedding is when we left, and I never got the chance to find out what happened after I ditched him and left him to break the news alone. I'm pretty sure his parents despise me for them having to spend all that money on a wedding that didn't happen. There's been many times I've been tempted to call him but I know that'll complicate things and it'll be really awkward.

As I was cleaning up Micaiah in the baby bath I felt a presence behind me. I was ready to attack until I felt the arms of Vontez wrap around me and the print of his dick in between my cheeks.

"Storm is in bed and from the looks of it he will be asleep in no time" He said referring to Micaiah blinking his eyes repeatedly

"I wish we could do more for your birthday, like go out or something. anything that doesn't involve the kids, I feel like we don't get a break. especially you"

"yeah but I don't mind, I'd rather them be safe than to risk their safety for my selfish desires" He whispered into my ear

I guess he's right. At the moment the kids are the priority, us getting to be together is more than enough to ask for. Out of all the people I could be in isolation with, I'm glad it's him.

This just goes to prove that if he was the only person left on this world, I would still be sane if I got to spend the rest of my life with him.

•Y•O•U•🍇•W•I•T•H•💸•H•I•M•

Until next time...
Happy Holidays!!!