Chapter 29

•New York | March 27th, 2023 | 11:36am•

"yo word to my moms whoever this is tryna fuck with me you gonna get yours if you don't stop calling me from this number" I said once I answered the call

I was about to hang up until I heard someone speak. not just anyone speak. I heard Nyah speak.

"Malachi, it's me"

No. It can't be. Nyah's dead, she has been for almost seven months. This can't be her.

But the voice.

Could it be?

"Hello...are you there?" She asked

"Nyah?" I asked feeling a tear roll down my cheek "h-how?"

Nah this has to be a joke. Someone is playing games with me. I don't know how they got Nyah's phone and got their voice to sound like hers but there's no way in hell this is really her.

"Malachi. it's me, I'm alive" She said

"it's not possible, you're dead. you were buried, this isn't you Nyah"

"can I come over? I'll explain everything when I get there"

"wait you're in New York?" I asked

This is too much for me to handle. I've gone nearly seven months thinking she was dead and now she's alive? How is that even possible, unless she was never dead in the first place.

"yeah I got here last night. meet me at the café across the street" She said

"how you know where I live?" I asked while going to the bedroom to get dressed

"Malachi just meet me there" She said before hanging up

I quickly got dressed so I could leave. I was so anxious to meet her, even though it probably isn't even her. Like how could someone resurrect from the dead, other than Jesus? I'm having a hard time believing this shit but the only way I can be sure is if I go.

I grabbed my phone and keys and rushed out the apartment. I booked it down the stairs being too impatient and anxious to even wait for the elevator to come up.

What would I tell Storm, that her mother is magically alive now? How about the people that came to the funeral, the person they witnessed get buried is now walking among us? This is really some next shit.

I sped walked across the street to the cafe. I didn't know if she was here already or was on her way so I just sat down and waited. My hands were shaking nervously because I honestly couldn't believe it. I almost didn't want to believe it.

I sat there for almost an hour looking across the street every second and checking the door each time it opened. At this point I was over it so I stood up to leave. As I was leaving I felt someone tap me. I slowly turned around and it was her.