Chapter 7

•Los Angeles | August 28th, 2022 | 5:20pm•

"ladies and gentlemen this is your captain speaking. our flight has successfully landed at Los Angeles International Airport. The crew members and I would like to thank you for flying with Delta. I ask that you to please stay seated until the front of the plane is clear before you get up to exit"

After a six hour flight I was so ready to get off this plane. Luckily they had movies and such to keep me entertained, otherwise I would've had to go to sleep because there's no way I was paying for wifi.

People were getting off the plane so slowly so I stayed seated and continued to watch my movie until it was finally my rows turn. I grabbed my carry on luggage and made my way off the plane. Luckily I didn't bring any suitcases so I wouldn't have to wait on the long line for baggage claim.

Kenny was supposed to be picking me up so hopefully he's already here. I'm hype to see him, it's been a long time. In a way he's the only ex I still talk to. I mean we were never official but you know what I'm getting at.

I looked around to see if I could spot him and finally saw a sign with my name on it. I looked up and it was him all dressed up in a shirt and tie with some glasses on.

A huge smile appeared on my face as I walked towards him. I could tell he was equally excited to see me.

"Mac!" He cheered once we reached each other

I pulled him in for a huge bro hug upon greeting him.

"so we wear non-prescription glasses now, good to know" I teased

"leave me be" He said

"why you all dressed up, you missed me so much that you had to dress fancy for me?" I asked as we walked out of the airport to his car.

"ha you wish! I got a benefit I have to attend later tonight. I didn't know if I'd have time to pick you up then get dressed so I did it before."

"benefit for what?"

"it's a sports benefit, coach is making us all attend" He explained

"look at you, Mr NFL player" I chuckled as I got in the passengers seat

"well I wouldn't have made it without all these amazing people around me who supported me and stayed by my side even when I wasn't at my greatest"

"Amen!" I said "wait so what's going on with your son now?"

"he good, I finally got him away from that witch. he living with my mom right now"