Chapter 27

•Oklahoma | March 25th, 2023 | 09:01pm•

"Maximus?"

"Kai" He said with a wide smile

I stood up to hug him. It's been a minute since I last saw him. Even though the last time I did see him we had an argument, I still have love for the dude. He's the first person I actually been with in a sexual way. Even though he didn't take my virginity, he took my pureness.

"what're you doing here?" I asked

"well your best friend died and I know she means a lot to you, and you mean a lot to me so I had to come through. My flight just got here this morning that's why I couldn't make it to the funeral but I'm here" He said still with an arm around me

"thanks man, I appreciate it. umm this is my boyfriend Deivys. Dee this is Maximus, an old friend" I said introducing them

Deivys stood up and shook his hand before sitting back down.

"wow it's been a really long time, we gotta catch up. I got a whole son now"

"yeah I heard" He laughed

For the next hour Maximus and I caught up with each other. He now takes his photography more seriously instead of a hobby that he used to just do for fun, it's his career now. He's opened his own modeling agency with a friend he met, another fine ass dread head.

After a while I got tired and I remembered we're going to church tomorrow morning at nine so I'm gonna have to get a good nights sleep.

"y'all stay here I'm gonna go tell Jakob we leaving" I said as I stood up from the table

Maximus and Deivys began to talk to each other as I went around looking for him. I finally found him talking with a couple of adults, aunts and uncles of Mia. I'm guessing they wanted to pay their respects. Along side him was Markus and his son, Masai. He was staring at me but I didn't pay him no mind.

"aye Jakob, we're leaving" I said once the adults walked away

"ok coo, thank you Malachi for coming. it means so much to me, and you helped out a lot too bro thanks. also thank your nigga for me" He said giving me a bro hug

"of course, she was my sister man I wouldn't miss this. we still going out after church tomorrow right?" I asked

"yeah I'll see you then" He said nodding his head

I dapped him then turned to leave. My mom wanted to stay a little longer so I took the kids with me. Maximus was staying at a hotel but I didn't want him to pay all that money when my mom's house has an extra room so I invited him to come with us. After asking Deivys if he's cool with that of course. I don't need no permission but he's still my boyfriend and I gotta respect him so the least I can do is make sure he's okay with it.