Chapter 40

•New York | July 14th, 2023 | 06:53pm•

"bro you're dead ass trash" Jakob chuckled as he shot a three and made it

"fuck you, I haven't played this shit in a minute"

"my nigga me either, last time I played was in high school. yet I still busted ya ass"

"what ever let's dip so we can change and be on our way" I said while pulling on my t-shirt

He just draped his around his neck and got his bottle so we could leave. He's been in New York since yesterday, some type of footlocker meeting. He was supposed to go back this morning but then I remembered his birthday was today so I made him stay for the day. He had no plans anyways and no one to spend it with so we spent the whole day together. I guess I kinda pity him since Mia's gone, Rodney is too and Markus is across the country.

Jakob is the kind of nigga that stays to himself. He's the person that says his circle is small and actually mean it, unlike these fake ass niggas jacking to fuck with nobody but dap everybody they see. In my opinion he's a loner, but he like it that way. Nowadays I'm the only person he talks to like that, him and Markus are still cool but their relationship just keeps distancing.

"you a sexy ass nigga, you should join the gay side. we need a nigga like you" I said while we walked out of the ball court

"fuck that shit, pussy till the day I die" He said while flexing

So full of himself, shaking my head.

"so when you and the mister getting married?" He asked

"I don't know, we haven't decided on a date yet. I wanted to just go to the court house and get the shit over with but—"

"hell naw, that's wack. throw a wedding, if it's about money I'll pay" He said cutting me off

"it's not about money, I'm pretty sure Deivys' parent's are richer than the Kardashians. I just don't want a big wedding, we were just arguing about this the other day. if I was to do all that it would just be close friends, ten to twenty people max"

"but he don't want that?" He asked

"it's not even that he doesn't want it, it's that his parent's don't want a small wedding. they want a huge, fairytale, two hundred people type wedding. but it's not them getting married so I don't know why he's letting them choose how we get married"

"I guess it's just a rich parent thing, they want to show off. also give their kid the best experience of their life. you can't blame him for being a good son and letting his parents spoil him. just like in the future you're gonna want Storm and mini-me to have a dream wedding"

"nigga Micaiah is not your mini-me, he's mine. but yeah I feel you it's just annoying"

We got to the house in only a couple of minutes since the park was a couple of blocks away. Jakob went straight upstairs to go freshen up while I went in Micaiah's room to check on him. Lil nigga wasn't there though, so I went to Storm's room. Neither of them were there and nobody was downstairs.