Shuu and Tenma

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. Birds were singing, flowers were blooming, the sun was shining brightly and the trees looked even greener then normally. Tenma had his eyes closed and was leaning against a tree while listening to the sounds of nature.

''I forgot how nice it was here on this island...'' Tenma said when he felt a familiar aura.

''How can you forget anyway? This is the island where you half grew up...'' Shuu answered and appeared in front of him.

''Hey Shuu. Long time no see.'' Tenma offered a real soft smile.

Shuu was one of the few people Tenma really trusted. Shuu was his first friend, and he grew half his life up with Shuu. When he had his mission to break Raimon, they were both very sad. But they were promised to visit each other any time they wished, so it was fine in the end.

They know each other's background and know what's on the others mind. They swore to protect each other, no matter what. They both got a friendship bracelet.

Shuu felt like the brother he never had. They both used to like soccer, but now just think of it as something useless, thanks to Fifth Sector and the harsh training at God Eden, their current location.

''I missed you. Where were you?'' Shuu asked, already knowing the answer.

''At Inazuma Town, trying to destroy Raimon. But it will be done when we reach the finals. Then I can return to God Eden...'' Tenma said, already dreaming of how much fun they can have again once he returns.

''Nice. You'll probably have to face Unlimited Shining too along the way when Fifth Sector will start to believe you joined the Revolution.'' Shuu said.

''Me? Joining them? I'd rather kill myself then betray the person who I owe my life to!'' Tenma said.

''I know that. But, when you do... Can you face Hakuryuu? He's still some kind of friend in the end... I know he's arrogant and all, but still....'' Shuu whispered.

Tenma giggled and hugged Shuu. ''I know that! I'll just finish my plan earlier if it comes to that! I'll join him and crush Raimon! How sooner I finished, how sooner I can return!'' He said happily.

Shuu rolled his eyes. ''I'll join then the team as well. Just to make sure they won't pull you back in the end.''

''They can't, I still don't trust them. Shindou still watches me and it creeps me out. Tsurugi is the only one who I  care a LITTLE for out of the whole team.'' Tenma said.

''Tsurugi Kyousuke? Hakuryuu's eternal rival? Oh... You just got yourself in trouble with Hakuryuu.'' Shuu said.

Tenma rolled his eyes and grinned. ''Who cares! It's my life!'' He answered.

Shuu nodded his head slowly. ''Hey Tenma... I need to tell this to someone. Someone who I can really trust. You know my story, but... I never really told you about my younger sister. When I couldn't protect her... It hurt me so much I just...'' Shuu started.

Tenma looked concerned. ''Tell me what you want to tell me...'' He answered, earning a grateful smile from Shuu,

''I kinda saw her in you. You were as kind as her, as happy and cheerful... It felt like I got a family again. I didn't feel weak any longer. But when you too had to leave, I felt like I was losing a brother... It felt wrong. I felt weak. And if I'm weak, I'm nothing.'' He said, looking at the ground.

''Shuu... Don't worry! You didn't lose me, and you'll never will! I'll never betray you! I'll always stay at Fifth's side, no matter what!'' Tenma said, reassuringly.

Shuu smiled softly. ''Promise me?'' He asked.

''Promise.'' He answered.

''If you ever need help with your team, return to me. Now let's heal your injury.'' Shuu said and grabbed a bottle.

=-=-==-=-=-=-=

''About Hakuryuu... How's he doing?'' Tenma asked.

''Do I hear my name? Who are you talking to, Shuu?'' They heard.

Tenma turned around and Shuu sighed. ''Guess who's back..? It's Tenma.'' Shuu answered.

A white-haired boy appeared out of nowhere. ''I see. Hey Tenma. How are you?'' Hakuryuu asked while giving him a fist-bump.

''I'm fine! I'm so happy I'm back here at God Eden, I swear I was going crazy!'' Tenma complained.

''It's not that bad...'' Hakuryuu said with a questioning look on his face.

''Tsurugi Kyousuke is on the team.''

''IT'S AWFUL! I PITY YOU!'' Hakuryuu dramatically yelled.

Tenma chuckled, as did Shuu.

''So. Shuu, Ishido-sama wanted to see us. Tenma can come with as well.'' Hakuryuu said, going back to business.

''Oh?'' Shuu said surprised.

''Let's go then!'' Tenma said and ran towards the building where he wasn't been for months.