Sudden Change

That night, Tenma was in the same dark area again, floating in the nothingness. This time, he was waiting for the voice. He wanted to finish the conversation from yesterday.

'1... 2... I was waiting for you...' It came out of nowhere.

Tenma turned around and saw a crimson light floating in front of him. ''What do you mean? I was waiting for you, actually...'' He admitted.

'3... 4... Is that so? I'm happy.' It said.

''Why's that?'' Tenma asked.

'5... 6... I was waiting for you to accept me...' It said.

''I didn't accept you. I was just wondering what you meant yesterday.''

'7... 8... You can only understand what I meant when you accept me... Let me take over...'

Tenma narrowed at it. ''Let you take over? As in, lose control completely?''

'9... 10... Yes... Like that. Only then you can see it... Hug me... Let me inside your soul...'

''Inside my soul? But this is my actual body, right? And when I hug you, what will happen? What are you anyway? You said you were my darkness locked up in my heart but...''

'11...12... No... What in front of me is, your soul... When you hug me, you push me inside your soul... I am a little bit of darkness that managed to escape... If you hug me, I can let the rest out, and we'll take over...Then you'll see it... What I meant...' It said.

Just when Tenma was about to reply, he shot up. 'Thanks, alarm clock...' He hissed in himself.

He stretched and put his clothes on. ''Well, another day in the stupid bitter reality.'' He said cheerily. He sighed and walked to the kitchen, softly waking Aki in the process.

''Goodmorning, Tenma!'' Aki greeted and grabbed two plates out of a cabinet, once she came out of her room.

''Goodmorning, Aki!'' Tenma greeted back with a real smile.

Aki put the plates on the table and walked back to the kitchen, helping Tenma making breakfast. ''So, when is your first match?'' She asked kindly.

''It's Friday. Why do you ask?'' He turned his head to her with a confused look on his face.

''Oh, well... I was going to come to your match and cheer for you and your team!'' She grinned.

''Thank you, Aki! I would love that!'' He answered with a big smile on his face.

'Now I'm sure of it. We can't lose. I just need to convince Shindou-san to play real soccer. If not, Tsurugi and I will make all goals and defend ours. With Aki watching, I can't lose. And if the team doesn't do anything, I'll make sure to kick their asses later.' Tenma said mentally.

''What would you like for lunch today, Tenma?'' Aki asked with a basket full of groceries in her hand.

''I like everything you make, Aki! Your food is the best!'' He said and chuckled.

Aki smiled softly at him. ''Okay then!'' She answered.

She grabbed a small box and put it on the table. While Tenma was eating breakfast, Aki made two footballs out of seaweed and rice. She put some sweet potato chips in it, as well as a small cucumber salad. She smiled at her own creation. Then she grabbed his bag, who was filled with books and papers and put it in there.

''I made your lunch. Only look what's inside it when it's lunchtime, okay?'' She said it more demanding than asking.

''Okay Aki!'' He yelled.