Chapter 7: The Mask in the Trees

Start from the beginning

"Zabuza was a water clone too," Naruto shouts the obvious. Naruto, stop doing Sakura's job.

Currently having the upper hand, Zabuza moves forward and swings the Kirikurobocho at Kakashi, attempting to slice him in half. Already foreseeing this, Kakashi ducks and barely misses the sword. Seeing his vulnerable state, Zabuza leans back and kicks Kakashi from behind.

From the force of the kick, I watch as our sensei is sent flying across the field and into the small body of water, crashing with a splash. Using that to play the upper hand, Zabuza picks up his sword and runs after Kakashi. Already knowing this, I call out to our sensei.

"Kakashi, get out of the water," I warn. "Zabuza's a water based user, he has the advantage unless you get out of the water!"

But like everything I said today, this goes ignored as well. Such loving teammates, I grit my teeth.

I watch as Zabuza momentarily stops. "Foolishness," he insults, before jumping over, what I assume are caltrops.

"Sensei," Naruto exclaims in a panic.

Looking to my side, I see that Sasuke's accessing Zabuza with marvel. Probably impressed with the older male's physicality to twist his body in mid air.

From afar I watch as Kakashi stands up in the water, accessing its nature. Knowing that he's questioning the density of the water, I shout out once again.

"Sensei, get out of the water! It's a trap," I yell with urgency.

This time he actually listens to me, his eyes widening with realization. He goes to move, but it's already too late as Zabuza finally reaches him. Immediately, the swordsman produces a series of quick hand signs.

"Hah, gullible fool," he insults Leaf Jounin, seeing as Kakashi fell for his obvious trap.

With that said, Zabuza locks Kakashi in a Water Prison Jutsu, getting the silver haired Nin out of his way.

"Haha, that prison is inescapable. You're trapped," Zabuza confirms, to those who didn't already know. "You running around makes it too hard for me to do my job. I'll finish you later, after I've dealt with the others," he states before making the single hand sign to create another water clone.

I watch as the clone forms from the water before standing towards us. "Hahaha, little ninja wannabes, trying so hard to fit in, you even wear Hitai-ate headbands," the clone taunts at us. "But a true ninja is who has crossed and recrossed between the lands of the living and the dead. Clothes don't make a shinobi. You need skills good enough to rate a listing in my bingo book of enemies before you deserve to be called a ninja. We don't call your kind 'ninja', we call your kind...," he lectures us before vanishing into thin air.

I may know the anime itself, but I don't remember every fine detail, I think to myself as I look at my surroundings, trying to find the water clone.

Though it all comes back with a snack of realization, my mind filling with images of this episode. Immediately, I turn towards Naruto, but it's too late seeing as the Water Clone appears in front of him. Without yield, or any sort of hesitation, Zabuza's clone kicks Naruto's body away. The said Genin tells in pain as his body skids across the field.

"Naruto," Sakura cries with worry.

I need to get used to her screaming at involuntary moments, I deadpan.

"Brats," the real Zabuza finishes his clone's sentence.

I grit my teeth as I narrow my purple gaze at him. He's really getting on nerves, I think as I send him a glare. Though, I get even more ticked off as Kakashi opens his mouth.