Sindoor

Preeta's Pov

"Tring", "tring" I opened my eyes my eyes to see the irritating noise that broke my sleep and were shocked seeing the time. I bolted up from bed even though I am tired but ignored the tiredness and went for a shower.

After showering I changed into my white Salwar Kameez and went down to the Mandir (temple or prayer room) to do puja (prayers). As I gathered all the items to start my puja I light the deya and started singing arti.

I was so engrossed in my puja that I hadn't realized that everyone came and were offering their prayers. After finishing I passed around sharing the Prasad and arti for all taking the blessings from our elders. As I put tilak on their foreheads Karan did what he always used to do since childhood.

He took the sindoor and went to put a tilak for me but instead the sindoor were placed on my maang as a bride.
All were shocked seeing what just happened. I felt weird but in a good way it was like a deja vu moment.

As sensing the awkward moment between Karan and I, mom rushed towards me telling me to don't speak of what happened in front of Pari and to rinse it off as it meant nothing. I ran quickly to my room standing in front the mirror gazing at the red spot on my forehead.

I've always wished that I would become a bride wearing sindoor on my maang but not in this way. Tears made it's way down as I recalled those romantic and sweet dreams I always have of being Karen's wife remembering those hugs and kisses I smiled and head for the shower.

Standing under the warm water catching the red water in my hand the only thought in my mind was that I cannot married anyone in this life because I'm now wearing sindoor in Karan's name. I will cherish that moment forever Karan I promise you that.

I would not come between you and Pari but that moment you applied sindoor on my maang that was the most precious moment in my life even though it was by accident. A knock brought me out of my world and I grabbed my robe then opened the door to see it was Pari.

I changed and came back to find her in dream land looking scared on my bed. I sat down next to her waiting to see if she will notice me but I got no reaction. I touched her shoulder making her head turn and she looks worried.

Pari Pov

I sat on my bed all dressed for my engagement but remembered the flashbacks from this morning .

"Di am I doing the right thing? I'm scared and I have a weird feeling about my engagement with Karan. I don't know why di but I'm not ready for marriage and kids you know." Preeta..." Pari you and Karan love each other so why are you scared and rethinking? I know sweetie that it's a bit fast but it's okay and Karan and his family are great people they would take good care of my daughter nah ☺."

Pari.."thanks di I love you. I will miss you when I'm gone and of course Karan is very nice and handsome "😁
Preeta.."ohhh he's all yours so no need to gush about that lizard is handsome. He's ugly"
Pari..."what di! Don't call him lizard . I know you and Karan are best friends and I don't want to come between you two. " Preeta.."Hey it's okay soon he'll be a married guy so I'll have to distance myself from him nuh".

Pari.." It's okay di. Btw Rajiv is a really nice guy nuh?" If Karan and I wasn't marrying I would have married Rajiv". Preeta..."what ?" Before di can finish say what she was saying Sana entered her room calling us to go to the beauty parlour to get my hair and makeup also mehindi and nails done for the ceremony this evening.

Preeta di doesn't like much makeup and pampering so she stayed back to help out with the decorations and other things. As the day goes along I felt like I don't deserve Karan and I don't truly love him it was just a crush. Now I don't know who to talk to about this and we are getting engaged tonight.

I remember coming down the staircase this morning and saw when Karan accidentally applied sindoor on Preeta di maang. Everyone thought of hiding it . I reacted like i didn't know about it so i asked di and she lied to me but how can I be selfish and break their friendship and love for each other. I don't know what to do.

The time passes really quickly and it was now 4pm . It was 3 hours away from the engagement. Sana and I went home for Preeta di to start dressing me up for my engagement. As I felt a touch on my head I came out of my flashbacks from earlier today.

I were asked to enter the stage as the exchanging of rings time has come.
I looked up seeing di and she smiled at me asking if I'm ready. And all I could do is nod my head and walk down with her towards the stage.