30

"Alya, you can't tell anyone!" Marinette shouted, realizing she had just spilled her boyfriend's biggest secret.

"I won't, just ... I'm surprised. Adrien is barely allowed to leave the house, I didn't expect him to be the hero of Paris," She pushed her glasses up, "Do you know LB's identity then, Adrien?"

Adrien glanced at Marinette then shook his head, "Ah, no. I don't, sorry Alya."

"Well, do you know where she went? No one's seen her for months," Alya asked.

"She, uh, has some project going on in another country. Won't be back for a while," He replied.

"Mmm, I see," She picked at her cuticles and looked at Marinette, "Is this 'mission' a pregnancy?"

"What? How —"

"I'm not dense. I saw him look at you before answering," She rolled her eyes, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Honestly? I didn't want you to be disappointed that the girl you look up to is just me, Marinette, a clumsy failure," Marinette looked down.

"Oh Mari, you're not a failure. And I'm not disappointed. You're everything she is. You're a hero, whether you are a civilian or Ladybug. You're my hero," Alya hugged her best friend.

Marinette hugged her best friend back.

"I hate to cut into your bestie moment but Marinette I forgot to tell you, your parents said yes," Adrien spoke up.

"They said ..." Her voice trailed off as she squealed, hugging her fiance.

"Said yes to what?" Alya furrowed her eyebrows.

"I'm marrying Adrien when I turn 16!" Marinette hugged him tighter.

"Wait, really?" Alya's eyes widened.

"Yes!" Marinette smiled, still holding onto Adrien.

"Ah, my best friend is getting married!" Alya exclaimed.

"Is everything alright in here?" Nathaniel asked, appearing in the hall.

"They're getting married soon!" Alya answered.

"Oh ..." He took a deep, shaky breath, "Congrats."