13

Marinette sipped her tea as she stared out the window. She felt guilty leaving with no warning.

Chat would be furious. Especially at Nathaniel. That cat could become so jealous, he wouldn't listen to reason.

"Whatcha thinkin' about?" Nathaniel asked, sitting on the opposite couch.

"How Chat would kill you if he found out I was here," Marinette looked at the red head, his eyes became wide, "Don't worry. He'll never know."

"But if he did know he'd turn me to ash?" Nathaniel bit his lip. Was this a good idea?

"Precisely," Marinette had a serious expression on her face, "That's why he can never know. About any of this. The baby. You. Me living with you. It won't end well for anyone."

"Do you know who he is? Under the mask?" Nathaniel questioned.

"No, I don't. We haven't reached that stage. Plus Ladybug doesn't want anyone to know their identities. Not even each other," Marinette answered.

"And you know all this how?" He leaned forward, his elbows on his thighs.

"He told me," Marinette glanced out the window, "I was thinking I should continue to go to school until it becomes impossible to hide my pregnancy."

"That's a logical idea. We can make it work. I'll talk to your parents. So they aren't worried."

"Thank you."

"Anything for you Marinette."

***

Short filler chapter for you all.

If I did a Q&A, would any of you participate?