An Ending or a New Beginning

Anastasia's POV

I stood in a shaded clearing just beyond the castle walls in wait for Phantom and Nagara who would come to visit for a few weeks. They had been busy trying to find a cave where they could possibly raise their young. What they didn't know, was that Thranduil and I had two little ones of our own. Yes, the drakes were there for the wedding, as was Samantha. At the moment she was off with Legolas. I supposed that soon we might be expecting another wedding from those two. Once Phantom got close enough to the castle, his mind entered mine, just as it used to be. I smirked as he found a certain piece of information 

'WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!?'

The drake's voice rang through my head, giving me a slight headache.

'Hush Phantom. You were busy. They were just born a few months ago.'

I stared at the now peaceful clearing, Eclipse playing with my children beside me. We had decided against traditional elven names. Instead, her name would be Seraphine, after her fiery temper. We called her Sarah for short. Her eyes were bright green, and her hair inky black like mine, just even more curly. The boy's name was Aiden, also after his fiery personality. He looked similar to his sister other than his more masculine features and straight black hair. Thranduil came up behind me and rubbed my shoulders lightly as I watched Sarah play with Eclipse. The wolf was no longer as active as she used to be. She was growing old. However much she tried to have energy for the twins, I could see it in her unique purple colored eyes. She was not going to be able to hold on to life much longer.

"Eclipse, come here girl," I called, causing the sleek black wolf to walk over to me, Sarah by her side.

Thranduil picked up the twins and tickled Sarah's stomach, making her giggle and laugh. When Aiden laughed at his sister's predicament, Thranduil switched to tickling him. I smiled at them before kneeling in front of Eclipse, petting her head gently and scratching behind her ears. Her tongue lolled out of her mouth as she panted. It was then that Phantom and Nagara landed. Eclipse licked my hand gently before jogging over to Phantom and standing in front of him. Thranduil and I followed, him holding Sarah in his arms.

'Pleasure to see you again,' Phantom stated, reaching out his nose to nose me gently.

Nagara nodded and I smiled. Thranduil put Sarah down, where she stood and stared at the two drakes. After Aiden was set down, he did the same. It only took a few moments for her curiosity to get the best of her. They shared a look before running to different drakes. She ran straight to Nagara which seemed to greatly surprise the shadow drake. Sarah leapt onto Nagara's lowered head and giggled in triumph. The drake looked at me in confusion only to receive a shrug in return. Snorting, she turned her head gently and placed Sarah down on her back. The little girl giddily patted her neck before being picked up by Phantom who let her use his wing as a slide to return to the ground.

'She takes after you with her curiosity Ana,' Phantom laughed at the confused elfling.

Thranduil nodded at me with a grin on his face. Aiden had been placed on Phantoms back where he had already fallen asleep.

"And him after your sleeping habits," Nagara laughed.

"So when do I expect some baby drakes wreaking havoc around here?" I questioned.

Thranduil gave me a playful look before grinning at the two drakes. The two shared a look before responding.

'Soon,' Phantom informed.

"So you two have been having a good time," I teased.

If only drakes could blush. Everyone was silent as Sarah was placed back on top of Nagara by Phantom. We were wondering what the future held for the twins. I could only hope their lives would be easy. Then again, when was I ever that lucky?