Adventure?

A/n: The picture is what Phantom would look like, but more cartoonish than I see him as. However, you as a reader can imagine him however you'd like. Enjoy.

Anastasia is a rather strange elleth. Unlike most, she does not choose to live in a forest, kingdom, or anything of the sort. Although she had been  offered a home by Lord Elrond, the girl preferred to wander. Her travels had taken her to Gondor where she met  and broke bread with the king. She had traveled to the great elven kingdoms of Lolthlorian, Greenwood, and Rivendell as well; however, she never stayed at any of them for long. 

Anastasia had originally considered remaining in Greenwood, at least for a short while, after residing there for longer than she had expected. However, she left shortly after the Queen had died protecting the prince, Legolas, from orcs and King Thranduil had gone cold. She had been to the Lonely Mountain and she was there the day it was taken by Smaug. Unlike Thranduil, she did not turn her back on the dwarves and instead fought alongside Thorin Oakenshield. Now, she resided in the Shire and was friends with a hobbit she found quite amusing: Bilbo Baggins. She had built a small cottage close to Bilbo's hobbit hole and had been there for many years.

On a rather sunny morning the elf herself sat on a small chair, reading through accounts of the battle against Smaug the day the mountain had been lost. Anastasia had traveled with the dwarves for only a short time before leaving them with a kind farewell of friendship from Thorin Oakenshield. Reading through the account she shook her head.

"It would seem they got it incorrect, as usual," she sighed, pausing to rub her temples.

Anastasia continued reading until she reached the part during which Thranduil had turned his back on not only the dwarves, but her as well. 

"At least they got that correct. Who could forget the coldness of the king."

Smaug's fire had burned her during that battle, leaving scars across her back as a reminder. With her mood darkened and anger bubbling, the elf slammed the book shut and closed her eyes. There she stayed, lost in her thoughts, until there was a knock on her door.

"Who is it?" she asked lazily.

"Bilbo Baggins."

"Come on in Bilbo!" she said, pushing herself out of her cushioned chair.

The hobbit opened the door and walked inside before shutting it carefully.

"You haven't stopped by in quite a long time Bilbo, I'm glad to see you're well," the she elf yawned before enveloping the halfling in a hug.

"Yeah, sorry about that, I was wondering if you would come by for dinner and tea tonight," the hobbit stated as they separated.

"Of course Bilbo, see you tonight then."

With that, the little hobbit was gone. Anastasia was just getting re-positioned in her chair when another knock was placed on her door. She huffed as she pulled herself to her feet and looked through the peephole to see the face of an old friend. She opened the door and immediately hugged him.

"Mithrandir!"

"Anastasia my girl! It's been too long," the old man said gruffly, a kind sparkle in his knowing eyes.

She broke the hug and stepped back so he could come in.

"I have to say, this is the only house in the shire that doesn't require me to duck down to enter," he stated.

"Gandalf, as much as I enjoy your company I get the feeling you didn't just to stop by to say hello. What is it you came for?" Anastasia asked, watching with a smile as he tried and failed to lean his staff against the wall.