Im okay

(If you haven't read "in so so cold" please take the time to do so as this is a continuation of that short story)

I got married. And man do I love my husband. He's everything I could ask for and more. He helpedy me get through the death of Tyler, he was the only one who didn't look at me like I was crazy when I explained what happened or when I'd have nightmares about it. all he did was be there for me.

I have two kids. Two beautiful kids, my eldest is going off to college soon, she's worked so hard all through high school and now she's going to be attending a university, she's going to be a vet. Or a marine biologist, or an animal trainer. She hasn't decided yet, but it's going to be animals. I used to stress about her, worrying that she would end up confused and doing nothing and then getting  stressed constantly because she doesn't know what she wants. I didn't want that for her. But she assured me time and time again, that it didn't matter. She wanted to do it all, work with marine animals, rescue and help sick animals, fly all over and study many different animals, train and breed animals. She wanted it all. And I'm confident she'll get it all.

Me son doesn't know what he wants to do yet, but that's fine he's only 11. Right now he wants to be a drummer, and that's just fine.

I set down the picture of my family I had been holding. I love them all, I really do.

"Hey babe." My husband, dallon, said while walking into my office and shutting the door behind him.

"Hey honey."

"What are you doing? You said you would to bed in ten minutes and that was nearly half an hour ago, is everything alright?" He said while settling down in my lap.

"Yeah I'm fine, just got caught up thinking about how much I love my family. Did I ever tell you you're to tall to be sitting in my lap?" I said with a laugh.

"Once or twice." He said giggling as well. He leaned down slightly and kissed me gently then snuggled into my chest, with my arms wrapped protectively around his waist, holding him close to me.

I close me eyes and savor the company of my husband, I'll never take anything or anyone for granted-

My thoughts are cut off by MCRs cancer playing and buzzing coming from my phone that's sitting on my desk. That song used to be me and Tyler's favorite song and used to be his ringtone.

I reach around dallon and pick up my phone to see who is calling me, my breath catches in my throat when I see Tyler's name surrounded by hearts, just like he had typed it in, at the top of my screen.

I furrow my eyebrows and answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Joshie, I m-miss you but I-I just wanted to tell you that I'm okay now. I'm not cold, it's not dark anymore, i-i think it's over now." I heard Tyler's sweet voice laced with static from the other side of the phone.

"Ty, where are you?" I say stunned at the sound of his voice.

"Shhh joshie. I'm okay, but I just wanted to tell you something that I never got to when I was alive.... I love you josh, I always have but I as scared to admit it. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you but that's ok I'll just watch. Tell dallon I wish him well on tour, tell your daughter she going to make a great vet, and tell your son that he's gonna be a great song writer. I'm glad you're over me and I'm glad you're happy. Don't you worry about me any longer because I think I'm finally going home. I'll always be watching over you and your beautiful family joshie, and you'll always be my best friend. Thank you for making my short life worthwhile, I love you josh, good bye." And then the line went dead.

I feel my other arm drop from Dallon's side and my phone falls out of my hand.

"Josh what's wrong? Who were you talking to?" Dallon questions

"It was Tyler...I-god... he called and said he was okay now, I-I I don't even.... he said he loved me."

"Josh are you sure-"

"Yes, yes dallon I'm sure! It was him!"

"Ok... sorry."

"No, I- dall I'm sorry I shouldn't have snapped I just...I just miss him he was my best friend, he was all I had- I still don't even know what happened to him or why it happened!" I say with a single tear dropping down my face.

"Shhh josh it's okay, I know you love him so much and I'm sure he was a great person."  He said wrapping his arms around my neck and pulling me into his chest.

"He said he wishes you luck on tour, and that Ashton is going to be a great vet and that miles is going to be a great song writer. He said that he thinks he's finally going home and that he'll always be watching over us." I say crying even harder.

Dallon didn't say anything this time, he just comforted me and told it's gonna be okay, and I'm not really sure if I'm crying over the loss of Tyler, my best friend, of the fact that even dead, he still cares about me.

I didn't expect dallon to really say anything, what could he say? How would you respond to your husband getting a call from his dead best friend?

"Wake up dun! Time for diner."

My eyes shoot open and I jolt upwards from my cot. 

Another day, the same dream. And still the same wallowing regret.

Maybe killing my husband was to extreme, and then killing both my kids. But they all deserved it. Dallon was the devil himself, my kids being his spawns.

He killed Tyler. He deserved to rot in hell.

"He killed Tyler." I mumbled to no one but myself.

"No one killed Tyler but himself you fucking loon. Eat your god damn slop." The nurse called sliding a tray of gray slop under my door.

Happy Halloween guys! Felt like writing something a bit odd. Now that I think about it, it would be fun to develop Josh's character a bit more and show exactly how he got in the asylum. Let me know if you think it would be best to stop here or keep going.