Chapter 28

I felt arms holding onto me from under my knees and behind my back. The smell of the trees and dirt overcame me and I instantly knew who it was.

"You could've woken me up." I said, my voice raspy from sleep. I must've fallen asleep in the truck at one point.

"Coulda, but didn't wanna." He said lowly.

"Don't you guys need help?" I questioned.

"No. We have it handled." Daryl placed me on the couch, kissed my lips quickly and told me to get some more rest.

Judith started to cry shortly after, so instead of letting Beth get her, I got up.

"Beth, go get some rest, I'll get her." Beth thanked me quietly because laying back down and I took the infant in my hands.

"Hi, baby girl!" I cooed. Her brown eyes reminded me of Lori, and her hair was getting longer. "You are so beautiful, don't cry my love."

I bounced her a bit in my arms before grabbing a bottle and making some formula for her.

She took the bottle, and began sucking for the milk. Her tiny hands just grazing the bottle as she closed her eyes slowly.

I took a seat on the couch with her, and continued to feed her as she fell asleep. Placing the bottle on the table, I laid down with her on my chest.

I remember reading once that a baby will fall asleep to a mother's heart beat. Though I'm not her mother, I'm sure Lori would be thankful for me helping the boys out.

Thinking about Lori now seemed odd, she was like a distant memory that people have tried to forget. Sure, she may not have been the best mother, or the most loyal wife, but she loved the boys to no end. She would've loved Judith to no end.

I remember T-dog, commenting on how good I was with Judith back in the prison, when her name was Lil' Asskicker, (credits to Daryl for her name). I smiled remembering how he said I would have one of my own, and I never believed him. Yet, here it is, happening.

My thoughts then travelled to Patricia, would she still be with us if she didn't die on the farm? Or how about Randall? Would he have been a good member of the group? Or would he have lead us to Jack earlier? How we have left him in that barn?

The barn... the same barn we found Sophia in. How tall would she have been? Taller than me? Same height as Carl? Would her eyes still be dancing? Would Carol be more loving?

Jacqui, Jim, Morales and his family... would they have still made it? Would they have left us?

Shane... though that bastard can rot in hell, I wonder how he would've reacted when finding out I was the leader.

With the thoughts and what if's of our deceased group members, I wish them a hello, goodbye, and the rest is just a dream.

I know, I know. This chapter is wayyyyy later than the rest ever was, and I am so so so sorry. There's so much going on in my life right now that I haven't had any motivation or time to actually write a good chapter. I felt extremely horrible for how long this shit chapter took and I promise the next chapter will be better.