Chapter 7

As he fell to the floor, my adrenaline rose. This man put me through hell. If he was close to Randle, and found out that we were the one to kill him, we're all dead.

Guns from his crew were raised and aimed on me. Guns from my family were risen and trained on them. I kneeled beside him, watching as he held his face between his hands.

I grabbed onto his hair, and pulled it as hard as I could. He dropped his hands to look at me.

"Tell your men to stand down." I grunted. He made no movement.

"Tell them to stand down, Jake!" I screamed, moving my left hand with his hair around, hearing him screaming of pain.

"Stand down." He told them. They obligated. I released his hair and stood up.

"Get up!" I yelled to him. I laid there, not moving.

"I said get up!" I yelled again, kicking his stomach.

This man tried to rape me. This man didn't say a word when his group tried to rape me. I wasn't going to stand here and let him win. I had the advantage point now.

As he got up, my hatred for him grew. I heard Daryl growling behind me. He must've figured out who this is.

"Jesus Carly, what has gotten into you? You seemed so caring5 minutes ago when you were fighting off the biters." Jake said when he stood up.

"I realized that you were here." I spat.

"Nice looking group you have here. I'm Jake, I am an older group member of Carly's." He spoke so nice, so proper as if he hasn't tried any harm to me.

"You ain't the same Jake, from her second group that tried to rape her, are you? 'Cause if so, we have a lot to talk about." Daryl said.

"So, the lady opened up? What a shocker... She was real quiet, and mainly kept to herself. Things have changed I see." He said as he eyed Daryl.

"Leave them alone. They have no part in anything here." I said. Jake's smile only grew.

"Yet they do. They have their weapons trained on my men-"

"What men? All I see are rapist and lustful men ready to take advantage of any women they see." I cut him off.

Jake walked up, and got into my face. Daryl tried to pull me back, but I ripped my arm from his hold and stood my ground.

"Fair enough." He said as he pulled his gun from his holster and trained it against my forehead.

I heard the others in my group gasp as they kept their weapons trained. I stood there, staring into the eyes of the man who tried to rape me. My body holding still, my face holding no other emotion other than determination. I wasn't scared. I knew that if I were to die now, I am going to die for my family.

I had a feeling that they knew what was going to happen. I didn't want to die because I had Daryl. I had dad, Glenn, Hershel, Maggie, Beth, Carl, Judith, T-Dog, Carol. I had Merle as well... I knew I had everyone, but I knew that if Jake was to shoot me here, they would fight. Yet, the look in Jake's eyes told me to continue the stupid decision I made.

"I dare you." I gritted through my teeth. Jake made no move. His face was held still and a small look of shock crossed him. He placed his finger over the trigger and pressed it.