Chapter 19

My chest hurts and the feeling isn't vanishing. Carol has noticed my discomfort a while ago, but I shushed her. I told her that I needed to keep alert and sound would distract me. She understood.

We were quietly creeping through the store, packing as many bras, panties, shirts, and pants as we could. The pain was now more intense then it was in the beginning. I decided to walk to the front door. Looking out, I see nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

It wasn't making any sense that I was getting this feeling when nothing was around me.

"Carly?" Carol called, sounding alert and slightly frightened.

"What's going on?" I called back, making my way towards her.

"It's Rick, he sounds frightened and out of breath," she said handing me the walkie talkie, "he asked for you."

I grabbed the small device quickly and called out to him.

"Carly? We ran into some trouble with the enemies. Is there any other way out other than the front door?" He asked and my heart quickened again.

"There should be one in the back, if not there is one that leads to the roof." I said fast. Thankfully he heard.

"We made it through the back door. We have collected enough things for now. We are making our way towards you guys." Dad said.

"Carol! We need to get out of here. They are on their way, the walkers will gather their scents soon enough." I said.

Carol and I began to gather everything and made our way out.

"Daryl?" I called through the talkie.

Nothing.

"Daryl?" I called again, sounding more alert.

One again, nothing.

"Daryl? Are you there?" I called just as Dad, T-dog, Maggie and Glenn came up to us.

"What's going on?" Dad questioned.

"Daryl isn't answering. What if he's hurt?"

My chest was pounding and I could feel the tears coming. Suddenly it felt like it was hard to breathe and I hit the ground.

I knew that I was having a panic attack. I've never had one before but I know that this is it. Everyone is gathering around me, worried more about me than Daryl and Merle. I try to get them to leave, but they aren't. Dad got up, and headed towards the store that the brothers were in.

I was getting very little air at this point and I knew I needed to calm down. If I didn't calm down, I was going to pass out. I got myself into a sitting position, putting my head between my knees. I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing but nothing was working.

My mind was flicking back and forth between Daryl, Merle and Dad. They all can be In danger and everyone is here trying to get me to calm down. Nothing is working at this point that soon their voices are being blocked out and replaced with my thoughts. Thoughts that are negative and waiting for something bad to happen.

Glenn looked behind T- Dog and was suddenly yelling. I couldn't hear what he was saying but from the look on his face it wasn't good. He began running to the store that everyone went too, leaving me with a clear sight of what is going on.

A herd of walkers were coming our way. My breathing got heavier and more rapid. My chest was in more pain that my hand left my head and clenched my shirt, just over my heart. We were going to die. Judith and Carl were going to be orphans, they will lose a sister. Beth will lose a sister and brother, Hershel a daughter and son-in-law. Chase will lose his guardians. They will lose their hunters, and their cooks. They will lose their leaders.