Chapter 15

The sun in the sky was warm on my skin. I opened my eyes slightly to see that the blinds are open and the sun was making me hot underneath the blanket. I looked down to see a bump in the covers.

Daryl's arm was wrapped over my waist and my frame. I felt his arm pull me closer and my back was against his hot body. His other arm was under my head.

I turned my body slightly to be facing Daryl. His eyes were closed and his hair was in his face. He looked at peace, and that is when I love him most. When he is calm and happy, even playful.

My thoughts traveled to last night. It was slow to begin with. His hands touched every body part I had and his lips followed suit. I can still feel his lips on mine, and when they connected with my neck, chest, my stomach, my...

"What are ye thinking about?" Daryl's southern voice asked. I turned to look at him and a smile was on my face.

"Last night." I breathed out.

"It was one hell of a night. And I loved it." He said. I giggled softly as he flipped us so he was on top.

"Indeed it was. I loved how we went slow, but couldn't control ourselves and by the fifth time we were sweating like we ran a marathon." I whispered seductively in his ear.

Daryl let out a low growl before he placed his lips against my own. "I love you."

He placed his hands on my sides, and due to the surprise I gasped a little and Daryl slid his tongue inside. "I love you."

We were breathless when we pulled away. Daryl went back to his position beside me and brushed some hair out of my eyes.

"I wish we could stay here all day." I whispered and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I mean, we did just get married, so it can be like our honeymoon." Daryl said. As much as his plan sounded really fun and relaxing, I knew that we were going to go out and do things today.

"As much as I would enjoy that," I started to stand. "We have things to do today." I placed a kiss on his chapped lips before putting on my clothes.

"I don't want to get up." He said. I smiled at his childish behaviour.

"Well, ye got to. " I said mimicking his voice. He rolled his eyes before getting up and putting on his clothes.

We walked downstairs in each others arms and walked into the kitchen. Breakfast was made, and everyone sat around the table.

"Morning!" Maggie was the first to say. She sat between Glenn and Beth and a smile was pulling at the sides of her face.

"Morning." I replied as I put some oatmeal for Daryl and I in two bowls. I handed him his bowl and went to stand against the wall, but Daryl pulled me into his lap.

It was a little different with Daryl showing his affection in public, but I couldn't care less. I loved this Daryl and I want him to stay for a while longer. We were talking about what needed to be done today, but with Daryl's hand rubbing up and down my thigh, I couldn't concentrate.

Daryl brought his face down onto my neck and placed soft kisses there. I blushed, looking down and bringing my arm back to his neck.

"Daryl. Carly. Since you two obviously can't keep your hands off each other, take the next week off. Consider it a wedding present." Dad said.

I looked around the table quickly to see everyone was agreeing with him. As much as I wanted too, there was so much to get done.

"But there's a lot to do." I said.

"Don't worry, we will handle it." Dad said.

"The garden needs to be turned over, wood needs to be chopped up. The cars need to be brought over, the gate needs a check. Then there is Judy who needs a bath and to be fed and needs attention --"

"Carly. Everything will be fine. Hershel has experience with crops so he will do the garden. The wood will be chopped by T-dog. The cars will get a check over. If they are good, Merle, Carol and I will bring them over.  The gates will get checked by Maggie, Glenn, Michonne and Carl. If some of us are done before that, then they will help. Beth will be the Judith because she is really good with her. We have everything covered." Dad explained.

"Alright, but--"

"There's no ifs, ands, or buts. Yer all mine for the next week whether you like it or not." Daryl said as he threw me over his shoulder and began to walk towards the stairs.

"Daryl, put me down." I laughed slapping his ass.

"Did you just slap my ass?" He asked and I giggled.

I was thrown back over his shoulder and my back hit the mattress. Daryl climbed over me and placed his lips on mine. I smiled into the kiss.

This was going to be a very fun week.