32 - Christmas - Day 6 of 8

From the Gospel of John, 1 John 2:12-14

I am writing to you, dear children,

because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name.

I am writing to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning.

I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one.

I write to you, dear children,
because you know the Father.
I write to you, fathers,
because you know him who is from the beginning.
I write to you, young men,
because you are strong,
and the word of God lives in you,
and you have overcome the evil one.

The baby came to save those who need saving. That's me. That's my world. That's what I give thanks for, breathless with belief.

He came to call sinners. If you are perfect, you need not apply.

"The church is not only for those who are good or seem good or think they are good. The Church is for all and preferably for those who are bad because the Church is mercy."

Sept 28, 2016, Pope Francis.

The laws of the land still apply. Give to Caesar that which is Caesar's, and to God that which is God's. The baby, the redeemer, the saviour, pays passage for us all into the heavenly kingdom.

Thank God.

*********************************************

"This little babe so few days old, is come to rifle Satan's fold; All hell doth at his presence quake, though he himself for cold do shake; For in this weak unarmed wise the gates of hell he will surprise. With tears he fights and wins the field, his naked breast stands for a shield. His battering shot are babyish cries, his arrows, looks of weeping eyes. His martial ensigns Cold and Need, and feeble flesh his warrior's steed. His camp is pitched in a stall, his bulwark but a broken wall; The crib his trench, haystalks his stakes, of shepherds he his muster makes. And thus as sure his foe to wound, the angels' trumps alarm sound. My soul with Christ join thou in fight; stick to the tents that he hath plight. Within his crib is surest ward; this little Babe will by thy guard. If thou wilt foil thy foes with joy, then flit not from this heavenly boy!"

This Little Babe - Benjamin Britten - There's a much more frantic tone in this song below, which leaves me breathless in a different way, but its expressive. The Hollies, who name is irresistible at Christmas, maintain a tradition of deeply spiritual secular love songs.

***********************************************

*****************************************************************

Pope Francis quote on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=0cYcRYwvQIY