Two

I brought the basket of clothing back to what didn't feel like a home. "Only eight more days," I said to myself when I walked inside.
"Eight more days until what?" My young foster sister walked by me and asked. She was the only one here who showed me kindness. She was only five though, and the rest of the so called family treated her like she was nothing; like me.
    "Ohh, nothing my dear Holly," I said. "Sweetheart, would you like to go play?"
    "Blood!" She said and pointed to my face.
   "I thought I wiped it all off." I said and wiped it on my arm.
   "I want to play now! Let's go!" She said.
    "Okay, I'll be right with you. Let me put the laundry away first, alright?" I said.
   "M'kay!" She said, a sweet, innocent smile on her face as always.
    I put the laundry away and went into the bathroom. I looked in the cracked mirror and cleaned up any cuts I had so it wouldn't frighten Holly. I pulled my shirt up. I wasn't surprised; there was another bruise added to the collection.
    I sighed and walked into Holly's room. She was peacefully playing with her dolls. She didn't have a room nor s bed either. She was just like me. Sleeping on s blanket in a closet. She was also a foster child. I felt so bad for her.
    "In eight days, I'll be eighteen. I need to get a job and take custody of her." I said to myself.
   "Hm?" She looked up and asked.
   "Nothing, where's Baily?" I asked. Baily was her favorite doll, whom her drug addict mother gave her before she got hooked.
    "Sharia's said I was bad, so I can't have it anymore," she said.
    "I'll get it back for you, alright?"
    "Thank you!"
This ray of sunshine is the only thing keeping me alive....