Now its Ming...

En başından başla

I can hear a lot of voices, but everything goes dark.

I wake up, scared but someone's hugging me, its P'Pha, I calm down and sleep again.

I slowly open my eyes, its dark outside, Rome's sleeping leaning on my bed, my gangs on the sofas. I shake Rome's hand, he wakes up and looks at me.

"How you feeling Yo?"

"Terrible, I don't want them to treat me like a kid, but I faint."

"You've been through a lot, don't beat yourself up E'Yo." Monty stretching.

"How's Ming?" I ask scared.

"It wasn't as bad as it looked, he's stable, Yo. The hazing team got to him fast after you called."

"But?" I ask

"They hit him with a pipe, he's not woken up. The doctors are a little concerned, there words."

"His parents are here, even his older brother and sister in law flew back. There having talks, even your dad's looking super angry."

"They took him for tests and scans already. They said a lot of technical things."

"He just needs to wake up." Elephant snap. "Why can't they just say that dam it."

"P'Artith called Yo, he said people grabbed the two guys that attacked him." Rome tells me. "P'Forth said P'Sing's people."

"Good. I was sure P'Pha was here?" I ask

"He was they went somewhere with P'Sing a little while ago, the doctors and P'Forth, they looked pissed."

"Till then P'Kit didn't leave Ming's side for a second, even when Ming's dad came."

"How long was I out?" I ask.

"A good few hours, the doctor gave you something to sleep."

I start getting up. "Please I want to see him, I won't pass out this time." They help me.

"It's the room next to me?" I ask as we walk there

"You think you dad didn't know you would do this?" Elephant asks

There all talking in the room opposite, we quietly walk low and past.

His room lights are low, all the curtains are drawn, it's like my room, monitors, he's got a drip and bandages around his head, but many more then me. He has a bruise on his cheek and a split lip.

When we hear footsteps we all duck.

"Why the hell did we do that?" I ask

"It's a trained response all youth have when we're doing something not given permission for by our parents." Monty answers.

They try to get me to go back after I've seen him but I want to stay with him. I know there reasoning is good, but I want to stay with Ming.

"We'll cover for you, doubt its very long. You feel dizzy, like passing out, sick, call, we will come right away." Monty says, as Rome gives me my phone.

They leave quietly closing the door like we came in.

I sit on the other side of the bed, and hold his hand. We really are best friends, one gets beat up, so does the other.

His knuckles are red, he got in a few hits, that's Ming for you. "I hope you broke something."

I feel his hand squeeze mine. "You always have to have a say, don't you?" He squeezes it again, I thought they said he wasn't waking?

There's a flurry of noises outside, I ignore it and keep talking to Ming. It's funny, how it all comes back to us, I wonder what we did for all this to happen.

"Life would be so simple if we never became friends you know that? All the trouble you get me into, I bet this is somehow all your fault." He softly moans.

"But it's all okay, as long as I get to be friends with you." I chuckle. "We have great stories, to tell our grandkids, right?

Better wake up fast idiot, or there all going to think your brains zombie food, and try to experiment on you." He moans.

I'm feeling dizzy and the headaches back, I bet I have to stay here the night again.

The room door opens and P'Pha breathes a sigh of relief seeing me, and rushes over.

"Yo..." he hugs me

"P'Pha don't let them give me something to sleep again. Its making my head fuzzy I don't like it." I tell him.

"Okay Yo..." he says moving back.

I look up, aunty and uncle have come in I wave at them, aunty gives me half a smile she looks worried and uncles looks like dad was when I woke up. P'Kit's just behind P'Pha, his eyes are a little red. How long was I really out?

"It's okay, he's waking up." I tell them

But they all give me placating smiles. "No really, he is, he was squeezing my hand." I tell them.

The doctor behind aunty and uncle tells them I should be taken to rest, it's probably the concussion. Oi you...how dare you not listen to me. I know Ming better than even you doctor!

"He is waking up!" I say firmly, as I stand, but I feel dizzy, P'Pha's picked me up again.

"Dad that doctor rolled his eyes at me!" I tell him, as I see him standing near the door. They all don't think I know what I'm saying!

I look around and there all worried, they want it to be true but Ming's not moving. Why you...

"What's that guy doing?" I ask when the doctor looks like he's going to inject something into the IV bag. He says something to help him relax.

"Don't give him something to sleep he's trying to wake up!" I yell.

"P'Pha stop right now!" I say as he tries to take me out, he stops and looks at me.

"Ming, you better wake up or they're going to give you weird things to scramble your brain." I say.

There's no movement and there all giving me watery smiles, dam it I'm not losing it. He's hurt I didn't want to do it this way, but that thing if it's what they gave me, will make him feel worse.

"Ming I'm giving that nurse P'Kit's number!" I shout.

Nothing, P'Pha starts moving again, but stops when there is a low moan from the bed. Everyone's shocked even the doctors frozen with the injection. You're the adults and professionals? I'm worried now...

Aunty's crying, uncle looks shaken and P'Kit's gone to stand near him. Everyone can hear his voice clearly even though its very low.

"My kitkat...mine..."