13: The Violinists' Blues

Mahalo for reading.. I just love this song.. :D

youtube: oh well.. Boyz II Men

thanks to lilabE

Papunta na ang mga ito sa Conference Room nang hotel nang "Hija, do you have plans for the night after tomorrow? tanong ni Mr. Mori."

Henri shook her head..

"Then you'll be Daniel's date" sagot nang matanda while giving Reece a wink at nagpatuloy na ito sa paglalakad.

Napatingin si Henri kay Reece sabay, "Date?"

"Don't mind my dad, Henri. Pasensiya ka na at ang kukulit nila", paumanhin ni Reece.

"We'll it's kinda cute, I'ts like I'm seeing my Dad in them. Ano nga palang okasyon, why do you need a date?", curious si Henri.

"It's my parents 30th anniversary, it's okae if you won't come, I know you have to be back tomorrow, sa Isla. I'll explain everything to Dad", Reece assured Henri.

But deep inside him, she wants her to be there.

"It's not that I can't make it but it's inappropriate, you have Sam. She should be your date", paliwanag ni Henri.

"She's in Davao right now, I called her this morning, she'll be back in 3 days", 'Besides my parents haven't met her', he wanted to add but he decided not to.

"That's just sad. For your dad, I will come, saan ba i-cecelebrate?", tanong ni Henri.

"Wait, I'll ask Mom", Reece replied.

After a few minutes, "it's in 'Blue's Open Restaurant' I forgot to ask about the address. I'll just pick you up", prisinta ni Reece.

Napangiti si Henri pagkarinig sa pangalan nang Restaurant, "You don't have to, they'll be celebrating here."

"That's convenient" at nakahinga nang maluwag si Reece.

"But, I have to inform Luca, can you excuse me for a minute? Punta lang ako nang front desk", biglang naalala ni Henri ang pinsan.

"You don't have to, pupunta rin siya. You see, Mom and Dad are very fond of him. But, you can use my phone if you like", sagot ni Reece sa nagtatakang ekspresyon ni Henri.

Alam ni Reece that Henri disconnected herself to the outside world ever since her parents and Quinn's passing. No cellphones, no computers, no Television. And he wondered what kind of life she's living. His conclusion, a lonely, solitary life. But he will change it for her, he'll do everything in his power to bring the former Henriquetta Dansk back.

"Thanks Reece" sagot ni Henri at tinawagan na nito ang pinsan.

"Maiba ako" si Henri, pagkatapos makausap ang pinsan. "Kilala mo si Tito Paeng, so you know Rafa?"

"Oo, bata pa si Rafa* nung una ko siyang makita. She's a tomboy then but really cute. Dahil pareho kaming only child, naging close kami. Pero ang kababata ko is Beatriz**. Kilala mo rin pala sila? Talk about 6 degrees of separation huh.", natatawang sagot ni Reece.

"Yeah, I've met Beatriz because of Rafa and we're of the same age so we cliqued. About Rafa, we've met in Japan, well our Moms have the same heart condition.We're pretty close. She spent a week in the villa nung namatay sina Daddy at Mommy. She's a really sweet girl and a strong one too", Henri smiling.

"Kung naka-attend pala ako nang wedding ni Beatriz, eh di nakilala na sana kita nang mas maaga, I was in a business trip then", Reece replied while taking a glance at her.

"Yeah, we could have. Well at least we've met", Henri declared..

And they exchanged smiles..

Reece decided to wait for his Dad, bibisitahin na muna niya ang Mama niya before going to his own place. Also, he wanted to spend more time with Henri. Lalo na ngayon that she's opening up to Life.

"Lunch na muna tayo", yaya ni Henri. "They have their own luncheon buffet inside. You still have two hours left waiting for the conference to end."

"I like that", Reece replied grinning.

Sa Blue's Bistro siya dinala ni Henri.

Reece noticed that she's very familiar with the place and everyone's greeting her..

"I think you and Luca are VVIP's of this hotel. You surely know your way around and all the staff kilala ka", sabi ni Reece kay Henri nang makaupo na sila.

"Luca didn't tell you?", Henri asked genuinely surprised.

"Tell me what", nagtatakang tanong ni Reece.

"Luca, blame him for playing you. This is a Dansk-owned hotel. We own this hotel", Henri responded humbly.

"Si Luca talaga, sabi niya VIP's lang kayo dito sa hotel so you have full access. So you're here for business then, baka naabala na kita?", Reece replied apologetic.

"Yeah, I'm here for business but I only have to sign a few papers. I'm transferring the ownership to Luca, but don't tell him, it's a surprise" Henri replied giddily.

"I won't tell him", Reece replied even doing the my lips are sealed gesture.

They were enjoying each others company when a couple who just arrived caught Reece's attention.

"Sam", he muttered under his breath.

Napalingon bigla si Henri sa tinitingnan ni Reece. It's a couple, they're really sweet and it seems that they're guests of the hotel based on the Recognition of the hotel staffs. The woman is clinging to the guy whom Henri finds familiar. They're eyeing each other flirtatiously, like having not enough of each. It's a little bit too much for public to see.

When Henri realized what Reece said, he called the woman "Sam". She looked at Reece, he's composed and it's as if it doen't bother him that his girlfriend is with someone else. Well technically Reece is also with someone else, with her, but, Henri thought they're not flirting with each other not even in the subtlest manner.

Lumingon ulit si Henri at naalala na niya kung sino ang lalaking kasama ni Sam, si Phillippe ang corporate lawyer na kaibigan din ni Quinn. A womanizer and a big jerk, from what she's heard from Quinn and Duke.

They were seated a few tables from them, with her facing Phillippe. While Reece is as composed as ever which she really finds daunting. She tried to converse with Reece and pretended she didn't see Phillippe.

But Phillippe always with the wandering eyes saw her. He took off from their table leaving his date and approached them.

"Henri, what a pleasant surprise?" and he gave her a peck on the cheek. "I'm sorry, I thought you're with Luca", he added while grinning.

Luca and him never get along well because of the latters' womanizing habits. Reece on the other hand, clenched his fists under the table, not because the arrogant specimen is dating his "Still girlfriend" but because he's kissing Henri casually like an old friend.

*MEET ANG GIRLFRIEND KUNG MATON BOOK 1 AND 2

** WHEN FOREVER ENDS