14: The Violinists' cure for a cheated heart

*Mahalo for waiting*

Sa ilalim nang table nila Reece's fist are clenched, while Phillippe's trying to make advances towards Henri. Tension is in the air, intense and scorching.

"Hello Phillippe, this is my friend Reece", pagpapakilala ni Henri dito.

The men shook hands while eyeing each other putting good measure.

"4 months na rin naman since mawala si Quinn" Phillippe replied.

"We're not dating if that's what you're trying to imply", Henri replied her annoyance evident.

"Henri, wala naman akong masamang ibig sabihin. But, if you're not dating then that's good news, right?", sagot nito.

"Yeah, wala naman sigurong masama kung magmahal ka na nang iba", segunda ni Reece at tiningnan niya si Henri, winked at her and smiled.

"You think so?", tanong naman ni Henri trying to downplay everything. Pero nakuha niya ang ibig sabihin ni Reece, they're going to beat Phillippe on his own game.

Pero hindi ang mga kagaya nito ang madaling matinag o mapahiya man lang. That's why he's a corporate lawyer viscious, unforgiving and a legendary womanizer.

Then the sense of Familiarity striked him.

"Are you Shiro Mori's son?, tanong nito kay Reece.

"Yes I am", Reece replied proudly. He thought he can't be this bastard's underdog.

May sasabihin pa sana si Phillippe nang biglang lumapit ang date nito.

"Darling, what's taking you so long?" tanong nito clinging her arm to Phillippes' while pouting sexily.

"Oh Sam, this is Henri and" hindi na naituloy pa ni Phillipe ang sasabihin.

"Reece?", napamulagat si Sam and her face turned white.

"You know him?", nagtatakang tanong ni Phillippe.

And the tension is up another degree.

"We're old friends. I thought you're in Davao?", nakangiti pero may diin sa bawat salitang binitawan ni Reece.

The reality that his girlfriend is actually cheating on him, sinked in. But no one can decipher the expression on his face.

"Yeah, I was about to call you", Sam tried to explain her sexy facade fading. "Who's your date?", pag-iiba nito sa usapan.

"She's not my date, she's my boss", Reece replied.

"And also my boss", Phillippe added proudly.

Shock and envy, written all over Sam's face. In truth, she's nowhere near Henriquetta Dansk's Caliber.

"She owns the hotel and Blue Enterprises, while Reece here as you might know is the sole heir of RDM Enterprises", Phillippe added a little envious.

"Akala ko ba simpleng empleyado ka lang", nag-aakusa ang tinig ni Sam.

"Reece just smiled " I'm not rich, My father is", he countered.

Henri smiled while Sam fumed.

"Henri, you'll still be here tomorrow, right?" Phillippe asked at bigla siyang tiningnan ni Sam, frowning.

"Yeah, but I'll be going out tomorrow", sagot ni Henri, not giving away anymore details.

"But, you'll be here. Will, leave you two. Enjoy your meal" at nagpaalam na si Phillippe but before that he gave Henri a kiss on the forehead.

While Sam eyed her suspiciously and she smiled at Reece seductively

"Some people", Henri muttered. Her voice and her face, full of irritation. She even wiped her forehead with a napkin. She hated Phillippe's guts but he's a very good lawyer she can't argue with that. Nang mapansin niyang nakatitig sa kanya si Reece, "I'm Sorry", belatedly realizing her impoliteness.'

"Sorry for what? Wala ka namang ginagawang masama", sagot naman ni Reece na natatawa. "Are you alright?", tanong nito.

"I should be the one asking you that, are you?", balik tanong ni Henri.

"Never better", Reece replied smiling. Crush ka ata nung company lawyer mo ah?", biro niya dito. But deep inside he's really irritated.

"He's been hitting on me eversince Quinn died. I like it very much to fire him, but he's way too good to be fired", Henri laughed.

"Good with women too. Well, Sam and him look good together, they belong to each other!" Reece declared.

"You're really composed considering that.. you know..", atubiling sagot ni Henri, trying to downplay things again.

"One of my agendas for coming home is to end it with her, But I guess I do not have to. You're right about trusting the wrong people. I should have listened to my friends when they warned me about her. Well, lesson learned", Reece replied still smiling.

"How about dessert? They say chocolates are natural painkillers." said Henri.

" Any recommendation?", Reece replied.

"Sachertorte*" Henri smiled back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHm9MG9xw1o

SECRETS by one republic

thanks to:OneRepublicVEVO

Trivia:

*Sachertorte- this cake's original recipe is from Hotel Sacher, in Vienna. The recipe is closedly guarded. But if you want to try there are some recipe variations on line..