Chapter Thirty - Part 5

Chapter Thirty                     

by sloanranger

Part  5

"What's wrong?" Paula asked.

"Just a headache; I get them sometimes. Do you have anything?"

"Tylenol or ibuprofen."

"Either one will do," Elaine said. "Thank you."

When Paula got back and offered Elaine two, unfamiliar white pills with a glass of water - Elaine looked up.

"Generics," Paula said, at Elaine's unspoken question.

Elaine nodded but she avoided swallowing them. Paula didn't seem to notice, she had a dreamy, faraway look on her face.

"You know, some more of that tea just may help," she said. It's good for a whole lot of stuff."

Paula took the glass back in the kitchen and returned with the teapot, pouring Elaine another cup.

Speaking suddenly, Paula said: "They're giving my sister drugs; I can feel it."

"Excuse me," Elaine said, thinking she'd not heard correctly. "What did you say?"

"They're drugging her, and heavily. I can feel it, I always could."

"The doctors gave her pills even when she was a child?"

"Yes, and I could always feel it. That's why she had to stop most of them."

"Wow, Elaine said softly, "I've heard of things like that with twins but didn't know whether to believe them or not. You two are really that close, huh?"

"You have no idea," Paula said, and went to the French doors again. "Why don't we have our tea outside by the pool. You can smell the roses and the fresh air will help your headache."

(To be continued).