Chapter Twenty Four - Part 4

Chapter Twenty Four               

by sloanranger

Part 4

Cassie was moved to an institution recommended by Dr. Ellerman and after consulting with his attorney he and Tom went to the police and filed a statement. The police were not ready to file charges at this time, there being little or no proof of any wrong doing.

It would a long while before Cass could answer any of their questions. And the diagnoses given her by the doctors at the institution assured that any blame for her crime - if there were one - would be greatly mitigated by her illness.

The doctors also stated it would be some time before the police or anyone else, could remove Cassie from the institution.

Elaine was still confused about Cass and what she had experienced. But she knew for Billy's sake at least and for Tom's, she was glad that Cassie wasn't in jail.

Elaine missed her friend and called Tom to find out if and when she might visit.

"I don't know if it's a good idea, Elaine," Tom said. "Besides she can't have any visitors for at least another week, the doctor said."

"What's her doctor's name?"

"Hammond. And he says she's barely talking to him."

"Do you think she'll see me, Tom?"

"I don't know Elaine. It's just a guess, but I think you're not on the top of her list of favorite people right now."

(To be continued).