Chapter 13: IBIKI'S A VIRG--Oh, We Pass? YAY!

"Okay," Ibiki's deep voice rumbled, making most of the participants tense. "Now we will begin the tenth question."

Naruto had her eyes affixed on the proctor, fingers drumming on the table nervously and impatiently. She wanted this stupid test over with, go play with Haku-pyon, and go get a lot of Ichiraku Ramen.

I'm so moody and hungry right now, Naruto whined internally.

Not my fault you're a girl.

At least comfort me, stupid.

Nope. Now pay attention, kit.

Pouting, the blonde looked up at the proctor reluctantly. The entire room was paying attention to the T&I leader, sweating bullets. 

"But before we get to it, I'll explain the additional rules for this tenth question." Ibiki's announcement caused the entire room to jump, their hearts pounding on their chests like drums.

Just then, Ibiki addressed Kankurou, who had gone to the bathroom. "Was your doll-playing beneficial?" inquired the Torturer with a smirk.

Naruto watched Kankurou. Playing dolls...he's a puppeteer.

Well, Suna is famous for producing those, I'll give you that.

Yeah...

Lost in her thoughts, Naruto completely missed Ibiki's speech and instructions, at least until Kurama shouted for her to snap out of it. 

Crap! What'd I miss?

Basically, if you quit, you can try again next time. If you keep going but get the answer wrong, you can't ever try again.

Geh! Since when did the Chuunin Exams have these kind of rules?!

I dunno. I've been living in you for the past 12 years.

...bastard.

Swallowing bile, Naruto's eyes bulged at the proctor. Immediately upon hearing the new rules, teams and teams of shinobi began to quit, walking out of the exam room in despair.

Damn! The teams are basically weeding themselves...out of...the competition...

What are you--oh. OH. OOOOOHH!!!!

Damn it! I need to stop Sasuke and Sakura from forfeiting!

What're you going to do, kit?

I dunno!

Grumbling, Naruto silently stretched her chakra towards her two teammates, who tensed. Sakura had almost raised her hand when she felt a foreign chakra prodding at her.

Guys, can you hear me?

Sasuke and Sakura choked upon hearing the blonde's voice in their head.

What the hell, Naruto?! Sakura screamed telepathically, making both the Uzumaki and Uchiha wince.

Sakura, don't scream! I can still hear you, and it echoes a little in here!

Where exactly is here, dobe?

Uh...my mindscape? Doesn't matter! Don't fall for it! Ibiki is using one of his mental torture tricks to get a large portion to quit. Trust me. By the way, Sakura, thanks for letting me copy off of you.

Sakura frowned for a moment, her eyes suddenly widening. YOU INVADED MY MIND?!

No! That was Ino! I just latched my chakra onto you, a lot more discreet than this one, and copied your movements! Kami, you're so touchy.