Distracted by my thoughts, Dakota caught me off-guard by yanking my head backwards so my lips were ripped away from his. For the first time, he brought his mouth down to my neck and the feeling was almost enough to make me see stars. He bit at the skin much harsher than I had done to him and I shivered against his touch. He was really getting good at giving me what I needed.

Dakota dropped his hand down from my hair and pulled my shirt down so that he had access to my clavicle. His teeth latched on and I felt my knees go weak. I caught myself from collapsing onto him and potentially crushing him with my weight, while a mixture of a guttural groan and a whiny moan passed my lips. His tongue swiped over my skin seductively and his teeth dug in even harder. I briefly wondered if there would be a nasty mark there later, and the thought turned me on even further.

I was seriously contemplating going back on my word about not having sex with Dakota yet when I heard the front door slam. My eyes widened and I pulled back instantly. I was both pissed and nervous at the same time.

"Shit," I muttered under my breath as Dakota groaned in annoyance, letting his head fall back onto the pillow. "We have the worst luck tonight."

I quickly rolled off of Dakota and grabbed two controllers. Dakota looked flustered and beautiful with his hair disheveled and his cheeks red. My blood was boiling at the sight and I placed a pillow over my lap and hit the button to resume the game we'd been playing before everyone had left.

I watched Dakota sit up next to me, pulling a pillow over his own lap. His teeth were worrying at his lip and I wasn't sure if the nervous heartbeat I could hear rushing through my ears was his or mine. It was probably both.

"My mom is going to be knocking on my door in less than five minutes," I said. "You gonna be okay?"

Dakota looked more anxious now than he had when my friends had dropped in. When his eyes landed on me, they widened. "Shit, I think I gave you a hickey." He instantly grabbed at the collar of his own shirt and awkwardly tried to look down at his own neck which was impossible. "Fuck, do I have any? Can you see anything, Harley?"

I snorted in amusement and shook my head. I brought my hand to my collar bone and tugged my shirt up a little higher. "Nah, you're good."

"Is that going to work?" he asked, gesturing at the way I'd moved my shirt.

I shrugged. "Maybe. Doesn't matter. My mom will probably just assume it came from a girl if she even notices it."

A second later, my mom's familiar knock sounded at the door that I had left ajar. I watched Dakota tense up and I prayed to whatever kind of gods were out there that this would go well.

"Yeah?" I called, pleased that I sounded as normal as always.

Without any further hesitation, my mom swung my door open and stepped inside the room. She was already talking, and I almost rolled my eyes because she was just so damn predictable.

"You better have it cleaned up in here," she was saying. I watched her eyes scan the floor as she inched into the room. I noticed she hadn't seen Dakota yet. Pleased with the current state of my room, she said, "Oh good, you actually listened to me for once!"

"Ha, ha," I said sarcastically. "You know how it goes. You threaten me and shit gets done."

My mom's head snapped up from inspecting the floor to glare at me and I watched her expression change the moment she saw Dakota sitting stiffly a few feet away from me. Her hand flew to her chest out of surprise. "Oh! I didn't know you had a friend over."

I wanted to make another really smart remark, but I managed to hold it back and made a slightly less sassy one. "Yeah...as you can see, he's a friend, and he's over. Was there anything else you wanted besides to check on whether or not I put my crap away?"