Part 5

It was about 10:45 pm once Cartman arrived at his own home. Pulling into the driveway, he noticed that an unfamiliar car was poorly parked. Cartman easily assumed one of his mom's "friends" were over. Instead, he parked along the side of the road in the grass. As he turned the car ignition off, he slumped back in his chair, lamenting the fact that he would hear his mom's moans throughout the whole night. Sharply, Cartman sat up. He realized this would be the perfect excuse to crash at Kyle's place. Relief flooded his body.

Cartman, as stealthily as he could, eased into his house and packed a quick overnight bag as well as his backpack for school. He didn't bother informing his mother on his whereabouts; she never asked about it half of the time. Besides, she was probably going to be too busy with her male friend to pay attention to Cartman. He headed over to Kyle's house with a buzz of excitement in his chest.

Meanwhile, Kyle remained in his room the entire day. After his rage, he carefully swept his room for pieces of glass still remaining and noticed what a hot temper he had. His foot was bleeding profoundly and he wrapped an old t-shirt to stop the bleeding. He also managed to hide all of this from his parents, who checked up in him every few hours to which he replied he was doing homework. But school was the least of his worries at the moment. Throughout the day, he tried to take his hot-headed emotions off the topic of Cartman and occupied himself with various activities. He dabbled in video games, watched Scarface, and slept a little. Nothing could uplift him, however.

Currently, Kyle lay on his bed face down and sprawled out. He didn't want to sleep; thoughts invaded his mind too easily. He never realized this attraction towards Cartman would create this much of a destruction inside him. Confusion, jealousy, and his powerful temper created a deadly reaction.

Kyle was just dozing off when he heard his door slowly creaked open. He didn't lift his head because he figured it was his mother checking up on him even though he did not know what excuse to give for the broken mirror and bleeding foot. He anxiously waited for a surprised and shocked remark, but there was nothing.

"Kyle..." said an unmistakeable voice.

Kyle shot his head up and quickly slid his injured foot under the covers.

"Cartman... What-?"

"Your parents already said it was okay if I could crash at your place on your floor or something."

Kyle leaned up and have a warm smile, and patted the spot next to him. "No, no. You're sleeping on the bed." Then he added, "If your fat ass can fit on here."

Cartman smirked. "Move over, heeb." He dropped his bags by the door, closed it, and slid under the covers next to Kyle. Cartman felt a sensation of warmth throughout his body as their arms brushed up against each other. They could both taste the sexual tension between them.

As they both got comfortable just before Kyle was about to turn the lights out, Cartman noticed part of Kyle's injured foot sticking out from under the covers. "Woah," he exclaimed, pointing at Kyle's foot. "What happened there?"

Kyle froze. "I... stepped on glass. See, on the floor? I was throwing a ball around and missed, and I guess I was stupid enough to-" Kyle noticed he was rambling on. "Well, anyways, how was your...date?"

Cartman shot Kyle an uncomfortable look. "Kat's not my type."

Kyle reached towards the lamp, turned the lights out, and settled into his bed with great relief that Cartman had said that. Kyle wondered if this meant they could have a chance together. But he was thinking ahead of himself.

They both relaxed their bodies and suddenly felt a wave of fatigue. They now lay beside each other both glaring at the ceiling. Kyle felt more happy than ever due to the pure fact that Cartman, the love of his childhood himself, was next to him in bed. Cartman attempted to feel happiness, but all he felt was guilt. His mind kept wandering back to the things he did to Kat simply to fantasize about Kyle. But now that Kyle was right here next to him, he experienced a deep regret.

Cartman knew they both wanted each other in some way at least. And with that, Cartman apprehensively turned on his side and extended his arms around Kyle's warm chest while Kyle was staring at the ceiling. Kyle did not flinch. Instead, he leaned in to Cartman and accepted his affection. The fact that someone as morbid and threatening as Cartman could even show affection and real emotions towards someone, especially his rival, melted Kyle's heart. In some way, it made Cartman more human. Kyle's stomach fluttered as Cartman tightly but tenderly embraced Kyle.

Cartman rubbed his hand sensually and gently along Kyle's bare chest. Kyle began getting excited and pushed his body closer in to Cartman's, their penises almost rubbing against each other through their pants. Cartman trailed his hungry hands down towards Kyle pants. Kyle reached down, unbuttoned them and pushed Cartman even more closer to him-so close that Kyle could smell Cartman's faint warm cologne. Cartman's hand found its way inside Kyle's pants, rubbing Kyle's boner through his boxers. Kyle emitted a shuttered sigh.

Just as Cartman nearly reached inside of Kyle's boxers, the harsh ring of Cartman's phone pierced the passionate silence that once filled the air a few second ago.

"Shit," Cartman exclaimed. He fumbled through his pockets. He looked at Kyle and took his blaring phone out. "No one can hear anything upstairs right? I don't know who the fuck would call me this late."

"No, you're good."

He answered his phone, "Hello? Kenny? What do you want?"

Cartman rose out of the bed and walked towards Kyle's closet in privacy as Kenny said, "Hey, Kat just called me. Dude, you got in her pants!"

The bitch! Cartman thought. All that whore wants to do is parade around what she did with every fucking boy in the school.

"Don't listen to her. Why would she even tell you that?"

"I don't know, I think she was drunk or something. But dude, nice going. How'd you manage that?"

Annoyed, Cartman responded, "Manage what? I didn't manage anything."

"Why are you getting so defensive? I just wanted to congratulate you for actually getting some action, damn."

Almost yelling, Cartman blurted, "There's nothing to congratulate! Just stay out of my business." Cartman hung up.

Soon, Cartman began walking back towards the bed, trying to forget all about Kat. He looked up at Kyle, slightly embarrassed, but Kyle was no longer on the bed. Puzzled, Cartman glanced around the side of the bed and saw Kyle gathering something from the bottom of the bed but before he could say a word to him, he noticed his bag flying towards his face. He caught it just before it slammed against his head and angrily hissed, "Kahl, what the fuck are you doing?"

"Go home," he snapped.

"What are you talking about? What did I do?"

"You know what you did, Cartman. Just go home."

"Is this about the Kat thing? 'Cause I'm not even-"

"Then what did you exactly manage, huh?"

As they became increasingly louder, almost screaming, Cartman belted, "I did not manage anything! You even heard me tell that to Kenny because you decided to eavesdrop like the sneaky Jew rat you are!"

Kyle stood in silence, with an unreadable expression on his face.

As Cartman stormed passed him towards the door, he muttered somberly, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. It's complicated so just stay out of it."

On the way out he calmed down a little bit, gave Kyle a fast peck on the cheek and left with his bag, without another word.

Kyle still stood there speechless. He headed to bed and tried to fall asleep, regretting why he would even be attracted to Cartman in the first place. Cartman never did and never will love him. Kyle figured lust always got the better of Cartman, and Kyle (along with Kat) was just another addition to the "list."

By 1 am, Kyle finally managed to sleep as Cartman stay awake in the backseat of his car parked in Kyle's driveway, knowing Kyle wouldn't forgive him even if he did know the truth. And with that, both fell asleep deeply thinking about the other with a tear running down their cheek and regret churning in their hearts.