Part 10

Stan and Kenny had been eagerly making their way towards the hospital room door just minutes after they found out what kind of accident the boys had been in. Stan and Kenny were about to leave to Craig's house in separate cars when they were both called by Kyle's parents informing them of Kyle's near-death experience. They met with each other and immediately drove to the hospital, weaving in and out of traffic at a dangerous speed. They didn't know whether Kyle was going to live or not.

As they anxiously located Kyle's room, they didn't hesitate to open the door and check on Kyle. As the door opened, they stopped dead in their tracks and even jumped back a little in utter surprise. Leaning over Kyle was Cartman, who appeared to be touching his lips to Kyle's. As Stan simply stared, he closed his eyes and shook his head, as if he were trying to awaken from a dream or even a nightmare. He opened his eyes and there still stood Cartman leaning his head over Kyle's, kissing him slowly. Apparently they hadn't heard Stan and Kenny come in at least for a few seconds. Stan and Kenny glanced at each other warily and decided to interrupt the unusual behavior. It all happened in a matter of seconds.

Stan cleared his throat and croaked, "Um, Kyle?"

At that very second, Cartman stiffly straightened up as Kyle nearly pushed him off of his body, trying his best not to make eye contact with anybody in particular. Despite the attempt, there was no escaping it. They had been caught.

"Kyle," he repeated. "What are... W-what?" He stuttered desperately in confusion as Kenny stood there silent next to him.

Then, Stan squinted, turned towards Cartman and said sternly, "Cartman, can I talk to you real quick?" He motioned for Cartman to follow him out the door as Kenny walked towards Kyle instead.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

Still red in the face from sheer embarrassment, Kyle responded, "Kenny... I'm sorry. I- it's just me and Cartman, we-"

Kenny cut him off. "Sh. It's not that I'm worried about. Are you okay from the accident?"

Kyle face blanked in utter surprise. He's okay with it. Does he really accepts us? Kyle thought, happily.

"Uh, yeah. It just hurts to move and I got some stitches, but besides that I'm just fine."

Kenny's blonde hair was shining in the yellow hospital room light. He stared at Kyle with understanding eyes and said, "Good."

"Wait, so, you're... okay with the whole Cartman thing?"

"Yeah," he responded, nonchalantly. "I saw it coming anyways. You should really touch each other at lunch a little less obviously..."

"Oh," Kyle responded as he blushed with regret.

"You guys are an odd couple. But you're good for each other."

Kyle smiled.

Kenny lowered his head. "The only problem is Stan. He's not the accepting type, especially with Cartman involved."

Kyle sighed nervously and said, "Yeah, I figured."

Meanwhile, outside of the room, Stan nearly dragged Cartman out by the collar.

"What the fuck are you doing to my friend?" he demanded as he threw Cartman to the wall a safe distance away from Kyle's room.

Cartman threw Stan's hands away from him and exclaimed, "Hey! I didn't do shit. I don't get why you're pissed."

"First of all, it's your fault for crashing the fucking car. Look what you did to Kyle! Now, you decide to... I don't even know. Did you put Kyle up to this somehow? Cartman, if you did, I swear to God-"

"Stan," he said, trying to calm him down. In a softer voice: "Me and Kyle are together."

Stan's face remained blank.

"Kyle chose this. We both did. You deserve to be mad about the car. I know, I fucked up," he said as he threw his palms in the air. "But you can't be mad at something I want. You're just gonna have to deal with it."

After a few seconds of deadpan stares, Cartman left Stan and walked back to Kyle's room.

As Kyle and Kenny saw Cartman storming into the room, Kenny asked, "Where's Stan?"

"I don't care," Cartman angrily hissed.

He sat in a wooden chair by Kyle's bed as Kenny walked out to find Stan.

Kyle looked at Cartman with dread as he took his hand and held it weakly.

A few seconds later, Kenny walked back in with disappointment on his face.

"Stan went home."

---------------------------------------------

As Stan got in his car, he immediately turned on the engine and blasted some Blink 182 through the speakers. He quickly backed out of the hospital driveway and made his way towards the highway.

Upon entering the ramp, his head still muddled from the surreal events that happened in the past hour, his phone began ringing. As he sped up on the highway, he answered it with a sigh.

"...Hello?"

"Dude, it's Craig. I'm with Token and we're making our way to the hospital. Is Kyle alright?" He sounded panicked.

Stan hadn't even stopped in to check in Kyle. He was just so taken back by him and Cartman... He didn't even want to relive it. It was wrong to him on multiple levels.

"I... I don't know. He looked, uh, fine."

"How do you just 'not know?'"

Silence.

"Anyways," Craig spoke, quickly. "We're on our way and so are the others." Then he added, "I hope Kyle's alright."

Stan hung up the phone, too irritated to talk.

After a long, thoughtless drive, Stan arrived home. This can't happen, he thought as he turned the ignition off and sat in his car. Kyle's not gay, is he? And even if he is... why Cartman?

Stan had always picked on the gays or isolated them in some way, but now that he had to deal with it. His best friend. He found it all too overwhelming and disturbing.

Interrupting his thoughts, his phone rang again. He picked it up to see that it was Cartman calling.

After a few seconds of debating, he decided to ignore the call.